Has Anyone Ever Met Any Celebrities?

by imallgrowedup 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Shaft
    Shaft
    Hey shaft, did you 'flip you wig' when you met Bob?

I sure did Huxley! In fact I felt as if I was in a Zen Arcade! (sorry ha ha ha ha) I am also a real big fan of The Minutemen. While Husker Du is my favorite band from the eighties The Minutemen are definitely the most unique of that era. I especially love "The Punch Line" and "What Makes a Man Start Fires?" Andy AKA Shaft (Right On)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yup....I used to work as an exotic dancer (spelled "stripper") on Mockingbird Lane in Dallas near Love Field.....you wouldn't BELIEVE the people that used to attend the shows there.....comedians, C&W stars, judges, TV stars, one of the Governors of Texas (before he became governor)....people from all over the U.S.

Frannie B

• Badger
    Badger
    one of the Governors of Texas (before he became governor)

Connally would be too old...Dubya? Perry? Mark White? Surely not Miss Ann...

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

The director, Richard Linklater. He filmed a movie (one of his 1st) in the town where I lived, and the best scene in the whole movie was filmed in a diner owned by some people I knew. I got to watch them film it, and my friend's father got to play himself in the scene.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yup....I used to work as an exotic dancer (spelled "stripper")

My, my Miss Banannie, was this before or during your reign as an exotic sister??

Heather

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I used to work for a retailer that specialized in books, music and video products. I was responsible for coordinating in store appearances. So, I've been fortunate to meet a lot of really nice, and really snotty people. Some of the ones that stood out:

• President Jimmy Carter - Honestly one of the nicest men I've ever met. A true Southern Gentleman! He did two signings for us. I had to be "cleared" by the secret service. I still have my special "pin" that gave me access to the entire store.
    • Dolly Parton - I lost it when she winked at me. I started giggling like a school girl.
    • Shania Twain - Before she was famous. She was very humble and excited to be there.
    • The Dixie Chicks - Natalie has always had a big mouth and I LOVE HER FOR IT!
    • Amy Grant - Snotty, uninterested and acted like she couldn't wait to leave.
    • Nora Roberts - Two faced. Super sweet to her fans, but very mean to everyone when they weren't around.
    • Marina Sirtis - Counselor Troi from Star Trek. Super nice, classy, elegant lady. I loved her accent! She signed autographs for four hours straigt with a 15 minute break every hour. We spent a lot of her 'free' time quoting lines from "Steel Magnolias."
    • Pat McManus - My ALL TIME favorite author.
    • Bobby Allison - You gotta love a guy who flies in on his own plane.
    • Martina McBride - Another super sweet lady who's voice is three times as big as her body!
    • Tim McGraw - Fixing himself a sandwich backstage before a concert. Nice guy, came over and signed the cap of one of the ladies with us.

But the best has to be:

• The surviving munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. They were appearing at a festival in SE Kansas, so we got them to come to the ribbon cutting for the new store we had there. The Lollipop Kid had a potty mouth. I had the best time!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit