Simple introduction to the theory of evolution

by Diogenesister 61 Replies latest forum links

• Perry
    Perry

females cloned out of males - waton

What are you referencing here?

I highly recommend the Creation Museum and the Noah's Ark Exhibit in Cincinnati, OH area. Just got back a few weeks ago... was outstanding.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

A movie called “logan” explains it

• waton
    waton
    What are you referencing here? Perry

Adam and the first anaesthesia, Eve cloned from male rib. and

"Male and female he made them" implying similar sequence and even procedure for the previously created species.

Embryo research confirms the happening of evolution, and repeated structures, processes, so, is it not reasonable to assume that similar action was biblically alleged for the lower life forms?

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

movie called “logan” explains it...

The x men movie or a different one?

• Perry
    Perry

Do you have a reference for this embryo research that confirms evolution?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Fact: All life comes from a previous life

Does it? How do you know?

Assuming you believe in a Creator, do you believe your Creator is alive?

Fact: All information comes from a mind

Does it? How do you know?

Entertaining the idea that all information comes from a mind, where did the information that describes the functions of minds come from?

Assuming you believe in a Creator, do you believe this Creator has a mind?

If you answered the last question below each quote with yes, doesn't that mean your premises are incorrect, and thus your reasoning incorrect?

Note that I'm not saying no Creator exists! I'm merely discussing your reasoning.

• waton
    waton
    Do you have a reference for this embryo research that confirms evolution? Perry

It was an interesting book, I will try to retrace it from the public library records.

It did not persuade me to become an atheist, merely confirmed my deist views, but relegated the literal bible story of direct creation to the "Hansel and Gretchen" cute category of accounts.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Perry,

I see from one of your pictures that (some believe) there have been 1393 'kinds' of animals on the Ark?

By what process would 1393 'kinds' evolve transform into the millions of animal species alive today?

Do you think this involved the change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations?

If not, are you able to propose an alternative?

If so, please read the first sentence of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution?wprov=sfla1

• cofty
    cofty

@RAT - The biological difference between males and females is not external genitalia. It is the size and complexity if the gamete.

@Perry - 'Information' is a metaphor for what DNA does. It is just chemicals doing their thing.

If we had not a single fossil DNA would prove the fact of evolution beyond all doubt.

Here are just a few examples of the genetic evidence for evolution....

#1 Protein Functional Redundancy
    Comparing the sequences of amino acids in ubiquitous proteins confirms the relationship between all living things.

#2 DNA Functional Redundancy
    Comparison of the DNA that codes for the amino acids of ubiquitous proteins predicts the tree of life with an astonishing degree of accuracy.

#3 ERVs
    Endogenous retroviruses that infected our ancestors are found in the same place of the genome of our closest primate cousins.

#4 Smelly Genes
    Hundreds of broken genes that used to code for olfactory receptors in our ancestors are still found in our genome.

#5 Vitamin C
    Why humans can no longer make their own vitamin C and what that tells us about our species' history.

#6 Human Chromosome 2
    Our second biggest chromosome is made up of two of our ancestors' chromosomes stuck end-to-end.

#7 Human Egg Yolk Gene
    Humans and our primate cousins have the genes for making vitellogenin and they are all broken in the same way.

#8 Jumping Genes
    Bits of parasitic code called ALU elements prove our common ancestry with primates.

#10 Non-Coding DNA
    In common with many other species huge amounts of our genome originated as copying errors.

Here is the entire series of forty threads....

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thanks Diogenesister for posting this, like Cofty's brilliant examples on the subject the video is simple clear and factual. Once you are out of the religious mindset you can get a much better handle on the workings of the living world.

If you believe in the Bible instead of science you are bemired in a pit in a fog at night..............

Yeah but I like being bemired in a pit in the fog at night with my other dinosaur friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit