Quite Possibly The Most Sinister Speaker Ever?

by pale.emperor 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• schnell
    schnell

Here's a fun quote from the Exjw Reddit thread about this:

I've actually taken the "Woman and Her Offspring" tour that this group offers. I have to say that the pioneers that give the tours have a sweet gig. While they don't charge for their time (the fee is just the entrance fee to the MET), they encourage tipping. Our group was about 20 or so people and each tipped him $20+ from what I could see. So not only do they get to count their time (many non-JWs would follow us and sometimes he would engage them and place mags), but they also get paid. While it may not be put together by the org, the tours were on the schedule for all those that were coming in for the international conventions last year. In one day several hundred, if not thousands, of JWs were touring the MET on one of these tours.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    wow i had no idea that pioneers charged people to walk them around the Met. lol
  • theunbeliever
    theunbeliever

Here's a fun quote from the Exjw Reddit thread about this:

I've actually taken the "Woman and Her Offspring" tour that this group offers. I have to say that the pioneers that give the tours have a sweet gig. While they don't charge for their time (the fee is just the entrance fee to the MET), they encourage tipping. Our group was about 20 or so people and each tipped him $20+ from what I could see. So not only do they get to count their time (many non-JWs would follow us and sometimes he would engage them and place mags), but they also get paid. While it may not be put together by the org, the tours were on the schedule for all those that were coming in for the international conventions last year. In one day several hundred, if not thousands, of JWs were touring the MET on one of these tours

Without disclosing too much for now, I can say the comments in the thread are only partly true. Depending on the tour program you sign up with, the fee doesn't JUST cover the entrance fee; there is a nominal overhead fee included into one of the program's tour price. I adamantly refute that everyone gives $20. First of all, not every single person tips; often they tip as a family or group, sometimes not at all (such is the nature of tips). Additionally, while counting time is left up to the discretion of the guide, placing magazines is not something that would be allowed by either the museum or at least the Oasis program. Tips are definitely encouraged in email confirmations to the groups and, in the cases of current or former-Bethelites or desperate, shameless guides, an announcement to that effect will be made to the group. While uncouth, it's not unlike what any other city or sightseeing guides do, most of whom are also pulling the commentary out of their ass. The tours were not on schedule for all those coming to the States as international delegates. However, upon hearing of the tours, most delegates made an effort to be included. Oasis is the largest independent tour operator at the MET, followed by the equally spurious and superficial Museum Hack program.

• schnell
    schnell

I'm glad to hear that about the magazines, because that seemed suspect. I'm confused as to what schedule you or the other poster I quoted are referring to. Is this a schedule at Bethel, or at the MET?

• theunbeliever
    theunbeliever
    I'm confused as to what schedule you or the other poster I quoted are referring to. Is this a schedule at Bethel, or at the MET?

From what I understood of the post you quoted, I believe he was referring to the itinerary options the Branch put together for delegates attending the International Conventions in NJ. You could select up to three things, including tours of: Brooklyn Bethel, Patterson and Wallkill Bethel, the Stanley Theatre, the Bronx Zoo (no idea why), and a Biblical sightseeing tour of NYC. Tours at the MET were not on the Branch program for delegates as an option. I'd say most delegates did tag along on a tour once they found out about them.

I'm glad to hear that about the magazines, because that seemed suspect.

I know it's minutia but I'm big on facts. Minutia can make or break one's credibility. :)

P.S. The Branch does arrange for each incoming Gilead class to attend the tour as a "fun" activity, in lieu of the field trip to the U.N they used to go on. Most, if not all, of the GB members have been in attendance at these tours.

• schnell
    schnell

Agreed on minutiae and facts. I know I can be casually sensationalistic, but only because I've smelled enough smoke to know there's a fire.

Most, if not all, of the GB members have been in attendance at these tours.

So it's a meet and greet.

I wonder if I could go with a T-shirt that has the full image of Gerrit Losch's court statement pressed onto it. And tight pants. And a Rolex.

• theunbeliever
    theunbeliever
    I wonder if I could go with a T-shirt that has the full image of Gerrit Losch's court statement pressed onto it. And tight pants. And a Rolex.

Well, the instructions given the groups are to dress "smart casual" so I think you're solid. Might even get lucky and bump into Mrs. Lösch while you're at it. She takes her friends on these tours occasionally...

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Is the Heavenly Calling about to reveal itself to this person or is he already aware of his status in the Lords Anointed, could be a good career move, Warwick luxury apartment awaits.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I just can't imagine Jesus talking or acting anything like that. It's rare that you'd see an excellent speaker who was also approachable and not up his own ass.

• zeb
    zeb

Perhaps because he is not of the standard drone speaker class he is different.

The second clip; I thought it was Trump speaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit