FAKE-NEWS.JW.ORG

by lastmanstanding 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Corney...I'm not defending the Russian position, though I understand it. The particulars of why the religion was deemed extremist included its claim to exclusivity, its refusing blood transfusions and the supernormal control over citizens private lives.

According to a Federal law passed on July 25, 2002, No. 114-FZ “On Combating Extremist Activity”, extremism is defined as “propaganda of exclusivity, superiority or inferiority of a person on the basis of their religious affiliation or attitude toward religion.”

And from from: https://tass.com/world/939781

"Checks have found that the organization is in breach of the law on resistance to extremism. In particular, the organization’s religious literature forbids blood transfusion for its members in defiance of the doctors’ recommendation," the spokeswoman said, providing documentary evidence about one such case.

....She said top church officials purported to enforce church rules "but in real fact the talk is about total control of an individual’s personal life — his intimate life, education and work."

Religion News Service:

Patriarch Kirill, the head of the powerful Russian Orthodox Church, has not commented on the crackdown, but senior officials in the church, a key Kremlin ally, have been enthusiastic in their support. The Witnesses, said Metropolitan Hilarion, an aide to the patriarch, “manipulate people’s senses and destroy minds and families.”

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Mad Irishman.

For sure you’re “mad”.

In your madness, you didn’t read a damned thing.

Are the dubs under pressure in Russia? Sure. Nobody’s questioning that.

MI, you are off your rocker.

You missed the entire point. You are out in left field.

And you are immature to the max.

Name calling.

Grow up.

• stillMS
    stillMS

@peacefulpete - You say you understand the Russian position, but as far as I can see it from your following explanation - it's definitely not the case, unfortunately.

The reality is that the current Russian gov't doesn't give a damn about the things mentioned as a reason behind the ban on Jdubs. Even more, those things are exactly what the gov't itself does on a regular basis: 'propaganda of exclusivity, superiority', (and similar stuff like terrorism/extremism, hate speech, war propaganda, nationalism. etc).

One could argue about the actual reasons Russians love to ban Jdubs, but it's 100% not because of their care about welfare of the citizens, or 'fighting extremism' (this very last thing just sounds ridiculous in the mouth of KGB fellows).

• Corney
    Corney

lastmanstanding,

As far as the video, I would like someone to offer proof that that vide was shot by the Russian authorities and that those are actually officers behind those balaclavas. For all we know, that video was concocted by Watchtower, and the Russian site put it up there to show how far Watchtower will go in production of false information about the Russian State.

Oh dear, this bullshit is brilliant. You "know" that Watchtower created this video just to use a single screenshot. Despite it was first distributed by the Tomsk regional department of the Ministry of Interior (УМВД по Томской области). And despite neither the video nor the picture depict something extraordinary, extremely outrageous or very different from what depicted on other photos and videos distributed by the FSB, the Ministry of Interior and the Investigative Committee (examples: 1, 2, 3). And despite you were unable to provide a single plausible argument why it is fake (stupid questions about a garden pick and blurred faces aren't arguments).

I for one refuse to just go along with the flow.

Just like Fritz Springmeier, Rick Fearon and Alex Jones.

blondie, stillin, DD, JW_Rogue,

Are you kidding? Do you want to say you really don't understand the difference between pictures, videos etc. clearly provided for illustrative purposes, and those presented as depicting real events and attributed to a government source?

Vidiot,

"Extremism" is nothing more than a meaningless pejorative label. And your second statement wrongly describes the situation.

peacefulpete,

....She said top church officials purported to enforce church rules "but in real fact the talk is about total control of an individual’s personal life — his intimate life, education and work."

This was a show testimony, not mentioned in the Supreme Kangaroo Court decisions at all.

the organization’s religious literature forbids blood transfusion for its members in defiance of the doctors’ recommendation," the spokeswoman said, providing documentary evidence about one such case.

Again, not mentioned in the decisions.

its claim to exclusivity

Have you read all those "expert opinions" and court decisions? They interpreted every call to leave one's religion and to join the JW organization, every instance of criticism of or disrespect towards other religions as "hate speech". For example, two years ago the "experts" declared the following quote to be "extremist": "Arthur regularly witnessed to customers in a store that he owned, where he displayed Bible literature prominently in the window. The window also displayed a sign that offered 100 pounds to anyone who could prove the Trinity — an unscriptural doctrine that Arthur firmly rejected. No one ever collected the money".

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

https://www.newsweek.com/religious-persecution-russia-baptist-pastor-1406134

Just to show that a number of religions, all typically very conservative and exclusivist or modern inventions like Scientology, have been targeted in some way.

One could argue about the actual reasons Russians love to ban Jdubs, but it's 100% not because of their care about welfare of the citizens, or 'fighting extremism'

If the ban was motivated by something other than the reasons given, what IYO was the reason? Past bad blood? The Wt having p****d off someone in high position?

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Corney

You "know" that Watchtower created this video just to use a single screenshot.

Everyone can read what I said, and I didn’t say what I quote YOU attribute to me.

The whole board can see you spinning.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm well aware that the Russian government is oppressing minority religions for authoritarian reasons.

Doesn't mean that their wrong about the WTS's rhetoric and ideology being "extremist"...

...it does, in fact, disperse "propaganda of exclusivity and superiority", that also happens to place individual members' health at risk, and undermines familial connections.

• stillMS
    stillMS

@Vidiot - I won't play "a devil's advocate", and won't say the Borg is all fine and doesn't have serious problems (like CSA, shunning, blood, etc.). But it doesn't make Jdubs persecution and fake 'justice' in Russia look any better.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Aren`t all of JW`s / WT` s statements ,predictions ,evident realities ,etc,etc. just fake news ?

I know every rank and file member hangs off every word that comes out of the WatchTower in print ,but isn`t that all just fake news ?

What have they ever got right ,without them ever having to resort to revising their past history ?

Nothing ,Zilch , Zero .

• stillin
    stillin

Thank you, Smiddy. Exactly. The only news that we get from WT is news that supports the present agenda.

They cherry-puck their quoted statements, breaking them up with ellipses so that they sound more like what they want them to sound like.

I don't understand why Corney has a problem with that. It's a common practice, done by politicians and religions both. Denial won't make it stop. It only puts you out there in Lalaland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit