Know -You/ Jokes and why I am leaving this board.

by seven006 61 Replies latest social humour

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

AwakenedandFree?

It was actually a silly joke and not one that happened to appeal to my own sense of comedy, but your post certainly did! Many thanks for the chuckle.

HS

• Brummie
    Brummie
    It was actually a silly joke and not one that happened to appeal to my own sense of comedy

erm thats not very American of you HS, perhaps you have more British blood in you that you thought.

Brummie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brummie,

erm thats not very American of you HS, perhaps you have more British blood in you that you thought.

erm....I am not American and erm....I am not British either, I guess I am just a foreigner. However, I do admit to being partial for the comic punch-lines of persons from the Kerguelen Isles. They really tickle me fancy...

Take care Brummie - HS

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh, well you sound very British when you say "erm"

Brummie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brummie,

I was educated in England, the best education system in the world, back then anyway. I was taught to use all manner of expressions like, 'Allwhite mate?" and "Bleedin Ada, me sodding brains fallen out and dented me Headmasters car". Fun days when England had meadows and butterflies were real.

Keep purring - HS

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear Moderator Hiliary_Step,

You said:AwakenedandFree?

It was actually a silly joke and not one that happened to appeal to my own sense of comedy,

Where are the Moderators when we need them? Where is the wellspring of emotional wisdom?

This "silly joke" as you put it, Hillary_Step conflicted with my Ethics.

Sincerely in Christian Love,

AAF

• Brummie
    Brummie
    'Allwhite mate?" and "Bleedin Ada, me sodding brains fallen out and dented me Headmasters car".

we have progressed and come a looong way since those olden days HS, we now say "Bleeding eck" and "soddin hell" instead instead of bleedin ada.

On a different note this thread is a tad Psychedelic (we use those long words now too) to say the least, I'm wondering if I will understand it better if I smoke a pipe and then if I read it again it wont be so wierd.

Brummie

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Awakened,

If moderators ( which I am by profile title only ) spent their time trying to distinguish what they considered to be bad jokes or good ones, or in actual fact whether something was a joke or not, they would have little time left to mow my lawns. That would not be good.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

CatPerson,

On a different note this thread is a tad Psychedelic (we use those long words now too) to say the least, I'm wondering if I will understand it better if I smoke a pipe and then if I read it again it wont be so wierd.

Yes, it is a remarkably silly Fred allwhite. As to yonder pipe or pills, never touch the stuff, have not since my teenage years which came to an end just as Jane Austen's began.

HS

• Brummie
    Brummie
    As to yonder pipe or pills, never touch the stuff

Me either, I was reffering to those long glass pipes that lead to bubbling stuff in a glass bowl that you breath in and out of, I cant remember what they are called..you should know? Indians and Kerguelenians smoke them. Anyway, point is, if I smoke one of those then perhaps I can understand what this thread is about, I couldnt think of an alternative way of getting the joke in the opening post.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit