Know -You/ Jokes and why I am leaving this board.

by seven006 61 Replies latest social humour

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

You know what? There are way too many "daves" on this board and I am getting downright confused.

But it did remind me of the famous Dave song.

Daves I know

Bruce: [Spoken] Hi, I'm Bruce McCulloch. I'd like to tell you about the Daves I know.

[Singing: ]
    These are the Daves I know, I know
    These are the Daves I know

David Hoffman
    He works in my dad's store
    He's worked here for 12 years
    He'll probably work here for more

Dave Gort
    I've known since I was six
    In grade eight he broke his leg
    So we got drunk and sick

Some of them are Davids
    [Dave Gort: But most of us are Daves]
    They all have their own hands
    But they come from different moms

Dave Jadiski
    Man, this cat can swing
    He weighs almost 50 pounds
    And he delivers my paper on time

Dave Capisano
    I hardly know him

[Next two measures sung by the Daves Bruce knows: ] We are the Daves he knows, he knows
    We are the Daves he knows
    We are the Daves he knows, he knows
    We are the Daves he knows

Some of us them are Davids
    But most of us are Daves
    We all have our own hands
    But we come from different moms

[Daves: We are the Daves he knows, he knows]
    [All: These are the Daves]

Buy Posters at AllPosters.com!
    Click here!
    More...
    Click here!
    Choose from 100,000 posters!
    Find your favorite posters in music, movies,fine art, sports, and photography categories. Check out these categories:

Movies

Fine Art

Music

Click here!
    [Close]
    undefined
    [Close]
    undefined

setstats1

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mike,

The question now is whether Python fans live on a higher plane?

Actually, I have never been a Monty Python fan though I do recognize their iconoclastic gifts, especially in the early days. I was surprised to note that Cleese was often at odds with the rest of the crew as his humor was much more conservative and he did not endorse cursing and sexual innuendo. He certainly was superb as Basil Fawlty - now that was funny.

Be good - HS

• Englishman
    Englishman

HS: Basil was hilarious wasn't he?

Now Dave. This post of yours wherein you flip flop in and out of moderatorship. Did you think of those folk who might not find it funny?

Did you think of those who may have undergone a charisma bypass?

Did you?

I thought not.

You're a very naughty boy.

Englishman.

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL...Dave, I admit, you got me too! After we'd reminisced about this KnowYou character (read "scoundrel" ), and you said you were gonna "get him good"...and then about an hour later I saw your post that you were leaving the board, for about 10 seconds I thought WTH??? roflmao

Yeah, I'm a sucker for your kind of humor...gimme another 20 years, and I'll learn to have my guard up.

Craig

• seven006
    seven006

Mike,

Yes, I did. But, as many who have read my post know, I love to joke and make people laugh and I am rarely serious about anything. Anyone who has read my post for any length of time knows that. I don't think anyone would loose faith in humanity if I did indeed leave this board. I have left several times before for months at a time without any kind of announcement and had not received more than one or two PM's in that time of absence asking where I have been or what I was up to. That is the beauty of slipping away and taking a break without an announcement on the board.

Dave got me with his joke just as he did several others. All I did was get him right back just a little. It was fun and it worked to perfection. Many have joked on this board and played harmless games. We certenly need a good laugh here and many got a good one out of Daves. My part of the game lasted less than a day. I don't think anyone was hurt because of it. If someone was, I apologize. If the whole thing is seen for what it was, from beginning to end, you would have to be as brain dead as the people on JWO not to see it for what it was. A joke back on David and an unsuspected, unsolicited and even funnier joke on the sniveling little cut and paste out of context masters of JWO.

It just kills them to not be able to be a part of this board. They live to try and remain a part of it by making it part of their own. Every time they cut and paste from here it only shows how much they miss this place and how lonely they are in their exiled little online world.

If anyone has a problem with this whole thing, they are welcome to PM me and voice their concerns.

Craig,

I didn't come up with the little twist until after you called and before Alan called. You were in bed by the time I posted it. The only one who knew exactly how I was going to get David back was Alan. Sorry man, your married and stuff and I didn't want to call you back. That's what you get for getting me out of bed to answer the phone! I told you once you got married you would miss out on a lot of fun. (Just kidding Kate, ya know I love ya woman)

Dave

PS: For those on JWO who love to cut and paste comments out of context to try and prove their childish and vindictive attempt at thinking, make sure you cut and paste all of this one. Expect a little visit from me soon. I'm going to give a certain few of you a real lesson in truth and freedom of speech. Maybe Dan will have to go back on his original concept for his board and actually delete my comments and ban me. I don't think he will though, I have always been straight and helpful to him. Unlike some of you, he does remember some good things and people from this board instead of just what he considered bad. Maybe that's why he rarely posts on his own board.

Prisca, you might want to take a little nap, I know how post longer than just a few sentences confuse you and gives you a headache.

RF, I'll put money on you making one of the first comment about this post, you are as predictable as a little boy in kindergarten who just put gum in a little girls hair.

Practice up on your all your nasty words and childish insults people, Dave's finally coming for a little visit!

• Aztec
    Aztec

*Shakes head at all you old farts*

Haven't you anything better to do with your time?

~Aztec

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dave,

As I said, forget it. There are some decent folk on JWO, the problems have more to do with XJW baggage and the structure of on-line discussion Boards as a whole, which allow the normally easily side-stepped characteristics of dysfunction and boredom to reach dizzing heights before they topple.

What I have learned on these Boards is that supermarket sensationalism and coffee-shop half-truths, preceded by the words 'perhaps', 'maybe', 'it looks like', 'seems like', will *always* take precedence over truth and reality. It is a not very noble aspect of human nature and has been since the development of the written word.

I work on the premise that 'click and see' will only lend credibility to the incredible. Skin the cat and smoke his fur, it will I am sure be of much more value than tapping your feet to the sounds of Los Horrendos.

HS

• Valis
    Valis
    : For those on JWO who love to cut and paste comments out of context to try and prove their childish and vindictive attempt at thinking, make sure you cut and paste all of this one.

Really Dave, you should feel flattered. You've got puppy dogs chasing your every word. Unfortunately they've gone rabid. Apparently I'm supposed to be a suck up to freaks like you and Craig...*LOL* I don't give two craps in hell if you guys are mods or not. I try and play nice with just about everyone and consider you friends and colleagues. Mod or not I try my best to sass everyone equally ya know...*LOL*. It isn't that hard really, but I suppose it is easier to be hateful. Who knew?

SIncerely,

District Overbeer of the "Suck This!" class

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear JWDF Moderator Dave 006,

If this whole thing was intended/meant to be a "joke", you should have placed this thread you created initially under the Jokes category and NOT under "Beliefs , Doctrine and Practices. Don't you think, Dave? Why did you move this thread to "jokes" category after the harm been caused? Do you consider this amusing and entertaining? I don't. I suggest you take a course on Emotional Intelligence and Ethics and your friend David/Know_You should attend a course in Anatomy of an Emotional Hijacking.

You said:"Dave got me with his joke just as he did several others. All I did was get him right back just a little. It was fun and it worked to perfection. Many have joked on this board and played harmless games. We certenly need a good laugh here and many got a good one out of Daves. My part of the game lasted less than a day. I don't think anyone was hurt because of it. If someone was, I apologize. If the whole thing is seen for what it was, from beginning to end, you would have to be as brain dead as the people on JWO not to see it for what it was. A joke back on David and an unsuspected, unsolicited and even funnier joke on the sniveling little cut and paste out of context masters of JWO.

Jokes of that caliber belong in the "jokes" category of this forum.

I am very happy that you apologized. Apologies accepted from me. Had you not apologized, I would have left this board today and would have announced my departure from this board under the Annoucements category.

Sincerely,

AwakenedAndFree

• Valis
    Valis
    Had you not apologized, I would have left this board today and would have announced my departure from this board under the Annoucements category.

*LOL* ya think ya took this a little too seriously? Did you bother to look at what was being said with discernment? Nope...Ya got sucked into a joke and ya you blathered on about Jehovah, but just cuz your witness got screwed up doesn't mean its the end of your life. Lighten up and try getting a clue.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit