Know -You/ Jokes and why I am leaving this board.

by seven006 61 Replies latest social humour

• seven006
    seven006

It is with a sad heart that I am rolling on the floor and laughing my ass off. For those who have read Know You's many threads where he played a JW apostate basher and fooled many of you/us it's now time to hand his ass back to him with a pretty pink bow on it.

In his last thread I tried to find out if he was an impostor trying to mimic our old friend You Know aka Robert. He is not. His real name is David F. and he is one of Alan F's bonehead Ph.D. college professor friends. I have actually met him in person a couple of years ago the first night I met Craig at a little gathering with Alan and his wife Julie. He's actually a pretty great guy and has that stupid ass British sense humor. British humor will never match American humor, ever!

Me, being a sick puppy and a master at messing with people could not resist playing a little game with him. After both Craig and Alan called me last night and let me know who he was I got out of bed and posted this:

Know You,

I need to apologize to you for my rude comments. I have had a very tough day, week, month and year and I took it out on you. It's not the first time I have done this and I do not like the part of me that comes out when I get upset. I have decided to have Simon delete me as a mod and I'm going to delete my own account and not post on this or any other exJW related discussion board again. My association with exJW's and trying to help them with the pain they have gone through has finally caught up with me and I no longer wish to deal with it. I'm done with all the JW and exJW bullshit. I just need to get on with my life and forget about all of this watchtower crap and everything and everyone involved with it.

I apologize again for jumping on you and being rude. It helped me wake up and see what all this has been doing to me. This will be my last post on this board.

Take care,

Dave-----------------------------------------------

Then he apologized in the thread, and then PM'ed me with this:

Hello from Know_You/Gedanken/David
    Message Dave,

I feel really bad for teasing you when you were having a bad day. I was just kidding around but when the other person has stuff going on it doesn't always come across that way. I hope that you don't quit the board because of this -- your posts are much appreciated and, really, you were absolutely in your rights to censure me. So I offer my sincere apologies to you and hope that you will reconsider....my email is ----------

Best wishes,

David -----------------------------------------------------

After I wiped the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard I read the several PM's I received from some of the great, caring people on this board who were genuinely concerned about me. I was going to keep this going for just a little while longer but because of those who PM'ed and called me I had to put a stop to it now.

Having a joke blow up in the face of a great jokester like David is one of the things I live for. I can just see him sitting at his computer after he read my last post, gasping for a brief second, and then saying "oh shit, what do I do now?"

That will teach him to mess with the people on JWD.

I told Alan what I was going to do last night and I think he passed out on the phone from laughing so hard. He actually blew snot through the phone and I had to go swab my ear out.

David, I appreciate your apology but I think I am going to go blow my brains out anyway, I just need to reload my squirt gun.

I just love this place!

Dave

PS: David, in case your wondering, Alan loves me best.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

revenge is oh so sweet when done humorously

• Xena
    Xena

You realize ,of course, this means I retract the "offer" I made you in order to get you to stay in my PM

That was just mean Dave....your a bad bad man

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Good, now don't ever threaten to leave again or I'll kick your ass. :)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I think Dave, it shows people like me have no sense of humor! Although I can't imagine how anyone can read anything by YK and not know it's a parody of the late, great You_Know.

Glad you're sticking around though.

• seven006
    seven006

For those great people who are still PMing me, I'm really doing just great, it was all just a little lesson for David on who was the better jokester.

I am doing fine, I'm just great, nothing wrong, it was just a joke. I have said may times before, I'm evil,...I need discipline.

Big hug to you all. NOW stop PMing me!!!!

God, I love this place.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Xena,

Take it back or I'll post all the nude photos on this board that you sent me of yourself. I will...you know I will!

Dave

• Special K
    Special K

You naughty boys....

special K...

• Know_You
    Know_You

Dave,

All I can say is that you ruined my day - but I understand that it was done in humor. But it has helped me to realize what the unintended consequences of parody and satire can possibly be and so I have decided to post no more.

Best,

Know_You

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Dave,

I did something similar to Obiwan recently. Man, did the shit hit the fan! He's a great guy and we are great friends, but I pushed the joke just a little too far.

Well, ok, a lot too far! But I'm sure (hope) he got the funny side!

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit