CALL TO ACTION: Write the United Nations!

by seattleniceguy 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mystery
    Mystery

I will send mine out tomorrow.

• IT Support
    IT Support
    Thank you. And I must say, your avatar gives your posts such a commanding presence.

If only it matched the reality...

Regards,

Ken

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Okay, I'm guessing that FrenchBabyFace has mailed hers by now, so counting that one an Mystery's, we stand at 13 confirmed letters. If anyone has sent one, please let us know, either by posting here or PMing me. Let's keep this campaign going! We've got to hit at least 20!

SNG

• jgnat
    jgnat

It worked! It worked!

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

I guess we can do what we can to reduce the number of requests by pointing JW's to this link. On the odd chance they would listen to the likes of us.

Even better, if the WTS would publish an article on the matter, say in their Awake! magazine.

• Dino
    Dino

One poster on this thread referred to this activism as delusional.

Im so glad those words didnt dampen Seattle's campaign.

Naysayers be damned!

Good work SNG!

Dino

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Update: I just discovered that the link above is no longer current. The UN has re-organized its web site and moved the PDF to a different directory. The current link is:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

SNG

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Six years later?

Did you just lose your job, or what?

Judge Dread

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Ha, no, I was referring someone to this thread and thought I'd make sure the link was still up-to-date. I momentarily suffered extreme disappointment to find that the link was broken, but then quickly discovered that the content was still there, just moved.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to know how you can do this kind of search, in both Google and Bing, you can restrict searches to a particular domain by using the site: prefix. So, if you search on:

site:un.org watchtower

You'll find the document right away.

SNG

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

You do realize the U.N. doesn't give a shit about the WT or this issue don't you?

Such old news beaten to death. IMHO.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Of course the UN doesn't care. But it is big news to Witnesses, and it's nice to have a letter stating the facts on the UN web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit