CALL TO ACTION: Write the United Nations!

by seattleniceguy 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just like a dog back to it's vomit, eh SNG? (yeah, ya know what I mean)

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

It's not big news to Witnesses.

Die hards think it's much ado about nothing and that the apostates simply try to use it as fodder.

I kinda agree actually.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, seattle nice guy! I was glad to see it again.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey, nice to see you guys!

5th, maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it was kind of shocking to me when I first learned of it, and I know lots of other people for which it was an important piece of the puzzle. Anyway, it's always good to have the information out there. Whether it is particularly meaningful to you or not depends on what is important to you.

SNG

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

SNG! So nice to see you again.

Thanks for the re-post.

Maybe start another thread and let us know what's up with you?

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh! And I agree... This was a BIG deal to me when I first learned about it 5 years ago.

HUGE deal. Was so angry about feeling duped by the org even though I had been inactive for over 13 years at the time.

And seeing the letter on the UN website affected me deeply. I could hardly believe my eyes. But there it was on the official UN site.

Thanks again.

-Aude.

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

I agree with SNG that this is an important piece to a puzzle. Another piece being the carefully worded Awake artice or articles, I'm not sure and don't remember them exactly, that kept with their agreement to write favorably about the UN. This showed conscience intent to manipulate. Someone deep inside the Borg will ignore it. It was huge for me.

Mil

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Yeah, Mil, I remember that article. It was one of those pieces where the same sentence is meant to be understood in two completely different ways by the two different audiences. Something like:

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that in the near future, the United Nations will be involved in some truly amazing things.

Which, of course, sounds complimentary to anyone outside the Borg, but which insiders will understand to mean that the UN will destroy religion, kick off the great tribulation, etc, etc. You can practically see the wink and the nudge.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Aude,

Thanks for that. I'm glad that letter was helpful for you. Maybe I will post a little about what's up with me if I get a chance here in the next few days....

SNG

• shamus100
    shamus100

It was a huge deal when it came out, but like 1975, it has already faded into dubber past - which is relatively quick given the drastic metamorphasis the cult goes through every few years.

People in the cult want to believe, therefore they believe. You can't change people's needs. Sad but true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit