CALL TO ACTION: Write the United Nations!

by seattleniceguy 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It was absolutely HUGE to ME when I found out about it... and I had been "out" of the organization for nearly twenty years! Yes, this is still huge to the "old timers"... those of us who grew up with illustrations of Babylon the Great riding the "wild beast".

Thank you for updating the link, Seattle Nice Guy.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Seattle Guy,

Welcome back. Its been along time almost over five years. And you guy is still breathing alive and kicking. Time really runs fast. I do not know if you have been lurking around for all those years. Lately, a lot of newbies including myself have signed on to JWN. IMHO, your UN topic is very relevant to many of us even if its old. We tend to forget so fast and the WTS knows this very well. That is why it always recycles most of its cool aid drink to the dubs through the Watchtower and Awake!. Repetition is the word. Ok, that is it. Last year,I started a thread about the same as part of continuum to keep the sense, not to forget. Much to my surprise, we discovered that the WTS is still deeply involved with UN in Europe and Australia using its branches instead of the NY Headquarters. FYI, here is the link to the discussion thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/176262/1/BREAKING-NEWS-WATCHTOWER-IS-STILL-A-MEMBER-OF-UN-SOURCE-SAYS

One big idea is to contact a newspaper investigative Reporter to compile a well researched article about the same. Once published, it will become an important reference point to all of us including active dubs. Preferably, the New York Times is a good example.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm with Baba Yaga! It was drilled into my head as a kid about how the governments were all run by Satan (as were the Churches of Christendom) and how especially bad the U.N. was because "they are Satan's right hand!"

The JWs constantly said "Watch what happens to the U.N. When it collapses, that will be the start of the collapse of everything else."

For the Watchtower to be associated with "Satan's Right Hand" is jaw dropping.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Most of the rank and file JW's are still ignorant of this issue I guess.

Bangalore

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Most are ignorant, Bangalore, and the rest mostly don't care. But if it helps a few or even just one to escape Borg slavery then it's worth the effort.

Those who think this letter writing effort wasn't worth anything might be reminded of this. For the cost of a postage stamp a lost sheep may have been rescued from the WT. I know I'm one. The UN issue wasn't THE thing that made me quit the borg but it was a piece of evidence that encouraged me to keep up the research I was doing.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Well said, Mad Sweeney.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit