CALL TO ACTION: Write the United Nations!

by seattleniceguy 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers
    Maybe there is someone you love still "trapped" within the Borg,

Good thought there, good thought!

• frenchbabyface
  • asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I'm surprised that the WT hasn't just denied that they were ever part of the UN, and that any information given out to the contrary was just the "wild beast's" attack on "Jehovah's people."

"Why?" they could say, "would you take the word of the UN against that of the WT? Don't you expect Satan's organization to lie about Jehovah's organization?"

I mean, really, the rank and file would buy it...just like they buy everything else the WT says.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I think it's a good idea. I have already printed out the letter and postmarked envelope for my niece. Even though she's stopped attending meetings and had basically DA'd herself, she still has doubts about this. It would be great if the UN would add a link so it wouldn't be an "apostate conspiracy" anymore.

My letter will go out tomorrow. Handwritten.

Thanks SNG.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Onintwo and Tatiana's letters make 7 confirmed! Keep it up!

Interesting idea about the sixty minutes special. I'm too tired to have anything lucid to say about it now...but maybe it's worth some discussion.

SNG

• Phil
    Phil

People: Why all the hoopla? The WTS is no longer an NGO with the UN. What purpose would it serve to send letters to the UN when they are no longer affiliated with that organization.

• shamus
    shamus

Phil and other whiners,

With all due respect, give some positive criticism or ef off. Better yet, sit there and do nothing and then whine about people who at least try.

Let's see any of you do any better.

• IT Support
    IT Support
    People: Why all the hoopla? The WTS is no longer an NGO with the UN. What purpose would it serve to send letters to the UN when they are no longer affiliated with that organization.

Phil:

This is the purpose(s) it will serve:

• because it's yet another example of WT hypocrisy, which, like every single similar instance, needs to be (1) identified, (2) documented and then (3) publicised,
    • because it will save the UN many hours of work if they can simply refer all inquirers to a web page,
    • because current JW's may stumble across it and, at the very least, may get them to start thinking.

SNG: my letter's in the post.

Regards,

Ken

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As one who has maybe .... well ... has been involved in this scandal and knows how Paul Hoeffel and his the gang think at the DPI's NGO section, I must agree with "IT Support". Remember, this scandal really hits home when one thinks of Malawi or those JWs who went to jail instead of joining the military (eg. Greece) never mind all the JWs out there who don't support governments.

FWIW, I am currently appealing to the Deputy UN Secretary at the UN in trying as hard as I can to get the the WTS file released. This UN department will not release their files on the assocatied NGOs or former associated NGOs even though their own criteria requires that these NGOs be "transparent". Like give me a friggen break Paul Hoeffel - you want associated NGOs to be transparent but you guys won't?The odds are, thanks to the lack of a Freedom of Information Act at the UN, I am not going to win as in the past.

Now I have managed to get a number of things out of this section at DPI as well as located many other things for you guys which are posted all over the Internet now. Also others have come up with some cool stuff too.

But my point is the more and more and more pressure applied at the DPI, then after a while they will give in a little. It may not be all you want but slowly they will release stuff both by letter and by internet.

So write that letter and let them have it - professionally of course.

hawk

• elamona
    elamona

Thanks SNG. I copied and will use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit