what do you believe???

by walker22 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

hi walker, welcome to the board!

My question is do you still believe some of the teachings, and do you fear dying at armageddon if you dont return???

i haven't read through everyone's replies because this question comes up often, so i won't write too much!!! personally and in point of fact, the organisation of jehovah's witnesses is based on lies, deceit, half truths, fear, intimidation AND opinion, why mindlessly follow what they tell you to think when you have your own thoughts? surely if there's a god, his purpose for giving us the ability to think for ourselves is that we do so.

it's like the matrix

take the red pill, look deeper on the site, do some searches, see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

or take the blue pill and stay in wonderland.

either way you're welcome here.

dh'

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome walker. Regarding your delima, in my opinion, fear should not be what motivates you do adopt any religion! So if that is your only reason for going back, I'd say your reasons are pretty shallow. On the other hand, why not do your own independent study on the concept of Armegeddon, read what others outside if dubland have written then decide if this is still the buggyboo to be feared in the night. Personally I no longer accept the literal idea as adumbrated by the FDS and their minions.

Wish you well.

carmel

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Walker. Keep researchung the WT -It will be the best thing you ever did. Joker !!! Your nose is growing ( just like PInocchio's did every time he lied.) I beg to differ with you I LOVE Jehovahs Witnesses.. LOVE them UNconditiaonal. Please dont say all on here hate them.... I wouldnt spend most of my pension, helping Jehovahs Witnesses - who have been kicked out of the Kingdom Hall for various reasons. Me! because I dont believe Jesus came in 1914. others for smoking, celebrating Christmas, others for talking to someone who had left the organization, I have taken them in my home when they have been ousted from their LOVING parents???? who are JWS!! Because the Organization TOLD them to. Make sure of your facts please before you continue to lie. I know we were taught to lie in the WT but we on here are FREE!!! TO THINK!!!!! try it you will like it. GRACE

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome Walker.

You have a child. Do you really want to bring your child up with being scared of GOD KILLING him/her?

You go back.... so does your child. Are you willing to disown your child when they do research themselves and know how "untruth" it is.

Turn your back on your child because they dug deeper than you decided YOU wanted to.

• walker22
    walker22

Thank you Mystery for you comments. However I didn't metion the fact that I suffered a miscarriage a few months later. But your comments do make me think twice on how I would raise my furture children.

On with others comments on Franz book "Crisis of Conscience", my husband and I have been reading this book together the last 2 days and have found what we've read so far to be very enlightening on the organization.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Mouthy sez: With the spunk she always shows...

Joker !!! Your nose is growing ( just like PInocchio's did every time he lied.) I beg to differ with you I LOVE Jehovahs Witnesses.. LOVE them UNconditional

And I cheer her on...

Hate is a VERY powerful word. Joker sez that the people here HATE JW's. There may be some (their choice) that do, but, that has not been my experience. Most of the people here, including me, have lots of Love for all our relatives, friends and our dear families that are JW's. Sometimes, it seems we may have more actual Love than they do. WE can accept what THEY want to believe, they will not afford us the same freedom and respect.

I don't think anyone here believes in the un-christian JW style of breaking apart families, thru disfellowshipping and then shunning them.

I don't think anyone here is afraid to speak their mind's beliefs... we are not afraid of being shunned by one another. like active JW's are. They have to be...they have a lot to lose.

My own opinion is, I don't hate Witnesses...I am sad for them, being controlled the way they are...how many of them are only going to meetings, in a haze of robotic motions...feeling hypocritical (like I did) ? And yet, they continue to go thru these false motions, ONLY to preserve the love and family connections that are so important to being human...?

The WTS to me is a parallel to the 'stiff-necked' Jewish of the Old Testament, they make up their own miniscule, rigid, nit-picking rules, then apply them unevenly to an already confused and scared mass of people. THAT is not LOVE.

Look around carefully...when I was told about this discussion board by an X-JW, he said, "It's a good place to start... you will find yourself replulsed by some and feel drawn immediately to others." He was right -- he's been here a long time and is well known.

Here is where the QUESTIONS are brought up...finally!

Glad ya' found this place...

Lee

• Tez
    Tez

Yes I do still believe the fundamental teachings. I disassociated myself, thinking that way i would not 'contaminate' the congregation by my actions. I had some stupid idea it would be better than waiting to get disfellowshipped. I was a JW for 20 years... won't go on and on because my story is a long long one! Like you i do fear getting destroyed at Armageddon (or as my old dad used to say Ahm a deddon! he was deaf bless him and couldn't pronounce it right!). The thing is.. don't think just being a JW will prevent this! I have thought of going back, but my current situation wouldn't be approved of. Also not sure I could cope with it anymore. We've always been taught that Jehovah can read 'hearts' so I base my belief that those who survive Armageddon are not just those who 'appear to be doing what is right' I am new on this site and haven't quite grasped how to use it! I would appreciate hearing from others who feel like me.. I am a bit scared of.... not sure what to be honest, just feel very wary... but then thats what we have been taught isn't it. I have been 'in the world' for two years now, I am with a wonderful man who loves and supports me and in that regard I am happier than I have ever been. What I couldn't cope with more than anything was the hypocrisy, also having to 'shun' my children. I worked so hard at being a good witness, but now realise that basically I spent all that time on a 'guilt trip' because never felt I could do enough to be pleasing to ? Jehovah? mmm no 'Elders!'

Would love to hear from you

Take care all.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My heart goes out to you Tez. I can feel the sorrow in the way you wrote your post. Make a pact with yourself to take a month to just study and learn about the WTBTS. It will change your life for the better, I promise. I've been exactly where you are right now, you know. It's a very tough place to be but you can educate your way out of it. Look forward to hearing more from you. Hang in there.

GBL

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Tez, here is a link where you can buy the best book in helping somebody with a JW mindset get over there fears. It's Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. http://www.commentarypress.com/booklist-eng.html

You will find his manner kindly, from a person sincere about his love for the Bible and his faith. It's the best place to begin recovering from the JW conditioning.

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Tez once you read the book that GBL recommended to you and lots of info you can find on the internet across many websites you will realise that the entire Armageddon concept is false there is no valid reason to believe it is near and more significantly should it happen now the JWs themselves are not fit as an organisation to make it through it due to practicing deceit and unchristian inhuman behaviour.

You should start a thread to make your coming here known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit