what do you believe???

by walker22 31 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I just wanted to add that Tez is my Mum- and I love her very very much!!!!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Walker22 and Tez,

I was a JW for 30 years, becoming one at the age of 20 along with now now ex-husband. I raised 3 sons in it. I have been out of the congregation now for almost 4 years. For a while after I was disfellowshipped, I continued to attend meetings in the area I moved too. Being the good little JWs and believing to some degree in the disfellowshipping policy I respectfully told others that I was disfellowshipped and would introduce my then fiancee who went with me to meetings. This went on for probably 8 months. I had ordered "Crisis of Conscious" by Ray Frantz who had been of the Governing body at one time. I began to read on the internet at sights like this one and other ex-JW sites. I began to learn a lot, did lots of research in the publications I had taken with me about WTS comments. I stopped going to meetings feeling confused then finally some of my fear of Armaggedon began to drop away. Yes I had lived in fear of Jehovah destroying me because I had believed in the teachings of JW's though I was no longer truly part of it. There was so much about the interworking of JW headquarters that I had never known about. Had I done a little research when I first came in contact with JW I could have found out much sooner.

It is a struggle, but if you read and read and read some more and really do some serious research into the bible and the teachings as represented by the WTS, gradually you will feel less fearful. If you don't do this the fear will continue for a long time even perhaps the rest of your life. The key is reading and that is hard for some who hate to read anything.

My two sons left with me though it took my younger son a while longer to cut the JW strings. But they and I are much happier now than we ever were as JW's. I don't hate JW, and can see some benefit to the religion to some people's lives, but it was no longer a benefit to me or my children.

If you either want to talk you can personal message me and I'll respond. Welcome here to this site.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit