What is the benifits to living forever?

by Jayk 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I prefer to live externally without disease and death, but without worshiping a vengeful, egotistic , crazy and blood thirsty god.

I don't think we can count anything as benefits, as all aspects would be fulfilled, supposedly

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I guess there will be no injuries in paradise...But suppose you are out hiking in the hills and you fall a mile down and land on your head or you are walking in the forest and a 500lb grizzly bear forget he is in paradise and tired of eating grass and decide he wants a drum stick (your leg). I guess paradise will be accident proof, how fun that will be..You will be able to sky dive without a parachute..

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No. Nothing in this entire universe lasts forever. Everything dies. Even stars die. To think that humans are the exception to the rule, and WE are the special ones that were meant to live forever is nothing short of egotistical. It would defy nature for humans to not age and die.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ironically the knowledege that we will run out of time gives value and meaning to the limited time we have.

If time was endless would there be an imperitive to get anything done?

Maybe living forever would eventually make us ungrateful lazy apathetic procrastinators.

• waton
    waton

time to find the perfect wave and keep it , a standing wave. leave this burned out solar system and find a younger one to copulate and populate.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It's like JWs run a time scam they say give us all your time now and God will reimburse you later - after you have died - and he has resurrected you - at some undisclosed time and place - in the future - we promise 😉.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Not dying is a negative. Being on Paradise Earth will be great for the first hundred years, then what? I went to one semester of school on the north end of the island of Oahu in Hawaii, and when I saw it I told my sister, "I'm NEVER gonna get tired of this place!"

Well, guess what? At the end of the semester I was ready to come home. There was just so many luaus and scuba or snorkling outings after class you can take, then it gets old. Finish classes, go back to the dorm, change into your bathing suit, catch the bus and take your diving stuff to Shark's Cove. You see the same fish, walk on the beach. On weekends you go to Honolulu, visit the same stores. Not a bad life for awhile, but two hundred, three hundred, eight hundred, two thousand years? You visit the Alps, India, Jerusalem, Spain. After awhile it's going to get old.

Anyone remember the story of the teenager who dies. In the afterlife this old couple greets him, welcomes him to heaven, plays Scrabble with him, feeds him home cooked meals and shows him slides of their vacations. Finally he's had enough of them and tells his guide he doesn't like it in heaven. He wants to go to hell! His guide laughs and tells him it is HELL! But, the teenager says, the old folks he lived with told him it was heaven. His guide laughs again and says, "It is heaven...for them!"

The apostle John tells the saints of his day that it does not yet appear what we shall be in the resurrection, but that when we see God, "we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." (1 John 3:2) Only by progressing can man be happy. We must always be advancing by various stages or degrees for there to be fulfillment. The Jews and the early Christians understood that. The GB never has. That's why their eschatology is so sterile. Stilted.

Even God doesn't stand still. He lives to create.

• waton
    waton

cold steel, take a leaf from the bible:" My Father keeps working and I keep working..

take up surfing. riding the energy energetically.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the 1960`s I was taught that Jehovah didn`t create all of these Galaxy`s for nothing probably/possibly he plans to eventually populate planets in these Galaxy`s with those who have proved themselves faithful here on earth and the whole universe would be filled with humans praising Jehovah

I`m not sure if it was ever in print anywhere though ? anybody remember anything like this ? pre 1960`s ?

• waton
    waton

There was a short reference to that in the Awake!. Probable snuck in by a fertile mind rogue wt writer.

It would introduce the transmigration of the [resurrected] soul scenario into the wt doctrinal repertoire, and overcome the 9 billion shelf life barrier to eternal life inherent in the solar system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit