Dean meltdown

by Seven 63 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I don't really think it was a big deal at all.

The American people seem to disagree with you...stongly.

As to a Clark - Bush Debate...Clark would have his head handed to him on a silver platter. If Clark gets the nomination (which he won't) all those retired generals saying they would never vote for Clark, and especially the one saying that Clark was fired because of an integrity issue...these guys would start talking.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I'd love to see a Clark-Bush debate. Dubya would get murdered.

I don't think so... Clark's bumbling statements will come back to haunt him and bring about his downfall.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think the ones who were turned off by Dean, were not Dean supporters. His campaign group seemed to be "eating it up".

I hate all the politics, and just want the nominees to be decided. At this point, I like Kerry or Clark.

I think Lieberman is insane to think this country would ever elect a Jew. I am not prejudiced, but many are, and with the terrorism threat and the Muslim situation, a Jew just won't cut it. He should put away his wallet and go home. He's a good Senator, and should leave it at that.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I think the ones who were turned off by Dean, were not Dean supporters. His campaign group seemed to be "eating it up".

They were drinking the koolaid too.

Dean is losing ground.

Lieberman is the best Democrat in the field...and won't get nominated...but I really don't think it has to do with his religion...it's an issue of personality...he needs one...but religion? We elected a Catholic...a Jew wouldn't be that hard.

• Mulan
    Mulan

To me the issue with Lieberman is the way Muslims hate Jews and Americans. Why add another negative? The President has to deal with Muslim nations and Muslim heads of State.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

To me the issue with Lieberman is the way Muslims hate Jews and Americans. Why add another negative? The President has to deal with Muslim nations and Muslim heads of State.

So you advocate pandering to the senseless hatred of others then?

Yes, the president has to deal with Muslim nations and Muslim head of State, and they have to deal with us...it's not like we're offering them a BLT for lunch...they have to deal with us...whether our president is Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, or Athiest...regardless of his religion the President of the US, regardless of who he is, has this above the Muslim heads of state...the President is an elected leader. Mulan, I love ya darlin, but it's that kind of pandering that put the US in a position of perceived weakness and bulstered the confidence of those who attacked us.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    all those retired generals saying they would never vote for Clark, and especially the one saying that Clark was fired because of an integrity issue...these guys would start talking

If there's any substance to what they have to say... why aren't they talking already?

If there's something about Clark we should know, the Shelton (sp?) owes the public to tell it. If it was just a vindictive slam, he owes Clark an apology.

In other words, put up or shut up.

(And btw, I agree that Lieberman's electability--or lack thereof--has little to do with his religion. I'm not surprised that he's Yeru's favorite candidate... he's the most conservative of the lot, which is why he's definitely not my choice. But I also agree with Yeru that he could use a personality transplant.)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    As to a Clark - Bush Debate...Clark would have his head handed to him on a silver platter. If Clark gets the nomination (which he won't) all those retired generals saying they would never vote for Clark, and especially the one saying that Clark was fired because of an integrity issue...these guys would start talking.

That sleazebag Shelton doesn't have anything to say. Well actually, he does, and he already said it to the presiding judge who had to phone him for a statement when that other sleazebag Milosovich brought up the sleazebag Shelton's smear during Clark's testimony at Milosovich's tribunal in the Hague : "it was just politics" he said.

There's a reason honesty is the best policy.

So really, we haven't had more than a couple negative comments (and none with any substance) from any high ranking military. Shwarzkopf admitted he was just going on Shelton's smear, and backed away from it.

OTH, we have loads of glowingly positive comments from those who know him best. Even a few from Cohen and Shelton, for that matter. Without question, Clark is Bush's greatest fear. I would pay am paying money to see that debate.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Without question, Clark is Bush's greatest fear. I would pay am paying money to see that debate.

Really.... and where is that going to be.... ?

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Anyone see Dean and his wife interviewed by Diane Sawyer? Or the dem. debate? Dean aced both of them. Kerry and Clark looked stage struck. Lieberman also was in fine form.

Unfortunately the media direct the spin and many people get caught up with it.

I was thinking, God, what I would have given to have a speaker like Dean when I sat at all those boring assemblies and public talks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit