Dean meltdown

by Seven 63 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Well, if Dean doesn't make it as the Dem candidate he can always appear on RAW or SMACKDOWN as a wrestler. Yeru .. You took the words right out of my mouth ......that was PURE ENTERTAINMENT !!! Wouldn't it be great to see Dean and Bush in a Steel Cage wresting match or something. They are both in their 50's ...Dean may have an edge in weight but they still seen pretty close. They could easily charge $100 or more for that on Pay-Per-View and the entire country would watch... pay off the national debt !!! Could you imaging the ratings !!! ***** Rub a Dub

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

SanFranJim..

a Clark Edwards ticket sounds good to me, or perhaps a Clark-Braun ticket. It would be good to see a woman as veep if not pres.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, as a Dean supporter I'm still holding out hope that he can win this thing. His speech was certainly a little over the top, but I doubt it will do the serious long term damage that many think it will.

If Dean doesn't get the nomination, then hopefully it will go to John Edwards. He was my early pick before Dean entered the race (and I've supported Dean way before he was well known), and I'm still pretty impressed with him. Clark seems attractive, but I worry that his not too long ago support for Bush will make him look like a phony when he inevitably has to attack Bush on issues during this contest. Dean's actual platform is more moderate than Kerry's, even if Kerry does not want to repeal all of Bush's tax cuts (and I'm still yet to meet any middle class people who got as much as $2000 back in the tax cut).

I'm still pretty confident in Dean and what he can do, but if he ultimately looses this nomination, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

(I actually thought that Dean's speech was over the top in his exuberance and optimism. Yet everywhere I turn the speech is interpreted as "angry"? )

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I still think I would put my money on Dean in a Bush vs. Dean Steel Cage wrestling match ...

..... be sort of cool to see them in tights and pounding the crap out of each other.

***** Rub a Dub

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I saw the speech live and it didn't strike me as angry then, nor does it now. He just came off as an exuberant smack-talking athlete before the next game. I'd support Dean if I thought he was electable, but I live in the south, and there's just no way he can stand a chance down here, unforunately. If you're going to run an unelectable, might as well make it Kucinich or Sharpton and at least have fun.

Clark could win southern states as long as he doesnt pick a running mate like Hillary.

We didn't loose in 2000. Justice Scalia decided that we'd loose.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I just walked in the house and asked my daughter if she wanted to take a vacation. "where?" she asked. "How about a road trip?, lets go to OK, & AZ & NM & CA & WA & MI & NH!!!!!.... Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah! " I screamed.

I'm sure I could have scared her if she hadn't seen it coming, lol.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Yet everywhere I turn the speech is interpreted as "angry"? )

heh, I just interpreted it as stupid and maniacal, e-man ;).

I still think I called this thing about the first weekend in January; when Clark caught a wave in NH, I personally think it was over for everyone else. My pocketbook sure hopes so, lol. I must say though, while on the one hand Edwards' and Kerry's success against Dean worries me, because I think they are much more "real" competitors for Clark, on the other hand I am comforted because I could feel much better with either man as POTUS as compared to Dean; I just think he would be almost as disasterous as Bush.

You may "have the power", in the election cycle to nominate or even elect someone, but in about a year, one man is gonna have "the power" and I want it to be someone brilliant, good hearted, with an inclusive world view and true intellectual curiousity, and someone truly dedicated to public service.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Clark could win southern states as long as he doesnt pick a running mate like Hillary.

It is me that is the picky one, not him... He obviously thinks that a work of art is a spitoon at closing time.

HS

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Kerry is just a republicrat, much like Lieberman. Kerry might well appeal to centrist republican soccer moms, but Republicans are going to vote on party lines all the way down the card this time.

Personally, I like moderates and centrists. Liebermann or Kerry could win the "swing vote" as the Democratic nominee.

I've listened to Joe Liebermann and am impressed by his thoughtfulness and also his acknowledgment that there are two sides to any issue. America will not elect him though, and its our loss IMHO.

Howard Dean tapped into the anti-war sentiment, but as people are looking more closely they are finding cracks in his armor. Maybe the scrutiny is unfair, but that's politics.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I really liked Joe Liebermann, too bad his religious convictions will keep him out of office. Too many people are still prejudiced against Jewish people.

I couldn't stand Gole.......... but frankly, I liked Clinton and the economy we had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit