Dean meltdown

by Seven 63 Replies latest social current

• Badger
    Badger

Leiberman is to the right of Ethelred the Unready. If Dean recovers, I'm for him. Clark is a 4-star general, a REAL War Hero, Rhodes Scholar, top class from west point. Most Importantly, He's not scared to take on Bush, and has refrained from attacking fellow dems.

I'd love to see a Clark-Bush debate. Dubya would get murdered.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hey this Canadian-boy is an American news addict...I love Howard Dean...

I watched all the thank you speeches ...yawn..the only one who didn't put me to sleep was Dean. I even wrote a letter to one of the New Hampshire papers and also to CNN: Editor, I'm a writer in Canada who's addicted to your American politics. One of the things that drives me nuts though is how the press/reporters play follow the leader. I mean, do you determine your stories based on the pecking order of a daily poll, find inspiration from cable news programs or God forbid, actually work at discovering and reporting original news coverage? The current Democratic Presidential race gives "the last minute club" new meaning! Just one example: how the press is handling the Howard Dean story. I've gotten dizzy watching how this man has went from Howard Who, to Golden Boy, to Angry Dean! I predict New Hamphirians will make up their own mind. They won't follow anyone's lead! Kerry and the rest are good guys, but Howard Dean speaks from the gut and mind. But I'm a Canadian, what do I know!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    I heard one commentator, Monday night, say that Dean acted like he didn't get it, that he lost

I read some pundit's column that said that. I don't get it. What did they expect him to do, drop out of the race? He didn't lose the campaign, he lost one state. If they expected him to be somber and beat a retreat, they don't know anything about politics.

The fact is, Dean was talking to his campign volunteers, and he was doing what he had to do... raising their spirits after a major blow. I wish he had remembered, however, that he wasn't just talking to his supporters... he was talking to a national audience.

What was funny was trying to watch Tom Harkin copy Dean's act. Earth to Major Tom... maybe you shouldn't dis "Washington insiders." You've been in Congress for 30 years... you are a Washington insider.

I could feel much better with either man as POTUS as compared to Dean; I just think he would be almost as disasterous as Bush.

Oh come off it, Six. For all his rhetoric, Dean is a moderate democrat.

You may "have the power", in the election cycle to nominate or even elect someone, but in about a year, one man is gonna have "the power" and I want it to be someone brilliant, good hearted, with an inclusive world view and true intellectual curiousity, and someone truly dedicated to public service.
    And might I add, having a modicum of experience in civilian government?
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    For all his rhetoric

Why on earth someone as intelligent as you would be attracted to a presidential nominee of whom you could make that comment, is beyond me.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Btw, evidently Clark was being interviewed on his campaign this morning, and with a totally straight face, began listing off the states the campaign would be visiting, in order. Now that's a wicked sense of humor, lol.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Why on earth someone as intelligent as you would be attracted to a presidential nominee of whom you could make that comment, is beyond me.

Why? Dean has the rhetoric of a liberal, and the policies of a pragmatist. Fits me to a T.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AH, American Elections...

*pulls up chairin front of TV with large supplies of coffee, beer, cookies and cannabis within easy reach...*

... Dean did look like a nut, didn't he? What's the name of the one who was second, the one with the smile? We all know how weak the elctorate are when presented with a photogenic, charming Southern Democrat...

And of course, it'll be fascinating to see it Bushy can spin to win...

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dean and his wife will be interviewed by Diane Sawyer tonight. I have seen hehigh energy performance/speech in Iowa replayed probably 100 times now - I think it's great.

I think he's the most real candidate of the lot of them. I also like Lieberman.

• patio34
    patio34

Euphemism said:

The fact is, Dean was talking to his campign volunteers, and he was doing what he had to do... raising their spirits after a major blow.

The context explains his, say, enthusiasm--it wasn't temper. I don't really think it was a big deal at all.

Pat

• IronGland
    IronGland
    What's the name of the one who was second, the one with the smile? We all know how weak the elctorate are when presented with a photogenic, charming Southern Democrat

John Edwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit