Anthony Morris III demoted to Great Crowd!

by Vanderhoven7 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    The main study publication has just been revised
    I wonder if it’s to take out Tony?

Yes it is. As mentioned in the opening video to this thread.

Section 4, Lesson 54, the GB picture at the top of the lesson has been replaced.

Also, for part 3, the video clip "We Need an Organization" (9:23) has been replaced with another one without him in it.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Well done Journeyman that explains it 👏

this was a big announcement to all congregations in this week’s midweek meeting, sound like they are running damage control

I mean how long will it take to go through all the recent videos or pictures that had Tony in them? There must be loads.

to think some teams in Bethel are tirelessly making lists of all videos or pictures with disgraced Tony and then coming up with something to replace with.

they have just got finished with the Enjoy life forever book, now they will have to go through their entire video library with a fine tooth comb

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

It's crazy isn't it? Really shows how obsessive the GB are about this, and it's a bit Stalinist, this attempt to erase a prominent 'non-person' from JW history!

Did I hear correctly that the recent announcement says all hard copies of the book should be replaced with new ones? Many congregations have a lot on hand because they stocked up not long ago as this is their new 'flagship' study publication. So now, they have to bin all those copies and order more?

And inevitably, there will be members of the congregation who don't get the 'memo' and will still have the old 'forbidden' publication in print, or even un-updated on their devices.

I don't think this issue will go away as easily as the GB think it will... and I daresay many PIMOs in congregations will make sure it doesn't go unnoticed!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Great detective work journeyman!👍

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I hope Tony sees what the organization is doing and write a best seller that brings the WT charade down for good. Imagine all the reunited families. It will be like paradise on earth bringing along with it true repentance and forgiveness finally sweeping through JW land.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

his was a big announcement to all congregations in this week’s midweek meeting

I ZOOMED in to the end of the meeting just to see if it was announced. It was. The elder who announced it concluded with the comment to, "make sure to get the updated publication in order to keep up with the 'chariot' ".

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

They have got everyone used to updating publications. The announcement even said don’t worry if you made notes on your digital copy they be updated along with the new copy

but how do pubs explain it to Bible studies when they are asked why the need to throw my old book away? “I don’t kow we just obey absolutely anything and never ask questions”

JWs have got used to blind obedience even if don’t understand why and never ask why and if asked to throw away an old thing and now use the updated one then just do it

the elders book gets so many revisions it’s hard to keep up. The latest one says if someone is suicidal then they can’t ever have a judicial committee which is an amaze loophole that means as long as people know about it there will be no more difellowshiping or shunning

• St George of England
    St George of England

My old Android device is still showing the thumbnail for the old video but will not play it. It says to import the new file. It will be interesting to see if we get the announcement this week. Surprisingly this announcement was not included on the August Announcements and Reminders.

George

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

St George I’m an Elder and I got it in my inbox on JWhub.

we are all supposed to check it every day but I don’t get around to it that often. There are lots of other letters and announcements other than the first one to all congregations.

this new one taking Tony out of the book was to be read out at this midweek meeting

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thanks for that ExBeth. It will be interesting to see if it raises any eyebrows tomorrow evening. I suspect that nobody knows about AM III and even fewer care.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit