Anthony Morris III demoted to Great Crowd!

by Vanderhoven7 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What I want to know is why the WT/ JW organization has said that AM111 is no longer one of the GB members .

They have their reasons for this demotion but apparently the R&F are not privvy to that information ,why not ?

What is it about the secrecy of AM111 no longer being a GB member ? and why ?

Please explain WT/ JW ,we have a right to know.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Please explain WT/ JW ,we have a right to know.

That's just it - the GB have such hubris, and such utter contempt for the average JW, they are quite certain that no, we don't have a "right to know" about anything they decide.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

What is it about the secrecy of AM111 no longer being a GB member ? and why ?

I don’t think, I could be wrong, WT published the reasons for previous gb removal either, or even the reason for any DF nowadays. It it has to do with conduct that involves a second party other than self, the reason leaks out.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

We probably will never know the reason if Jehovah's name, i.e., the GB, would suffer reproach by such a leak.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Even if Morris would become anti JW, I think he would keep it a secret and stay silent. In that deed to the house, he and his wife have lifetime occupancy and I would think this is only as long as they remain faithful. Unless he has another place to go to, he will keep his mouth shut about the workings of the WT.

• Mace.Bean
    Mace.Bean

Vanderhoven7, do you know who is running this website now? Is Simon still in charge of it, or has he died? How does one contact the "admin" and get a response?

• blondie
    blondie

Questions From Readers: First part, complete quote is found at WT 1976 3/1 pp. 158-160

● Can an anointed Christian who is disfellowshiped later be reinstated and still have the heavenly hope?

Yes, that is possible. Of course, in each case Jehovah God is the one to determine whether he will extend forgiveness.

The fact that this is possible is borne out by what we read in the apostle Paul’s letters to the Corinthian congregation. He wrote to Christians who had been anointed by holy spirit and given the hope of heavenly life. Paul addressed them as “you who have been sanctified in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones.”​—1 Cor. 1:2; 15:49.

One of these anointed Christians began to practice fornication. When he evidently did not repent and stop his immorality, Paul directed the congregation to disfellowship him. (1 Cor. 5:1-5, 9-13) However, it seems that this disfellowshiped person thereafter did sincerely repent. He is understood to be the person whom Paul was referring to in his second letter when he advised the Corinthians to forgive and accept back the former sinner.​—2 Cor. 2:6-11; 7:8-13.

When that man was reinstated into the congregation, what was his hope? Had he lost the heavenly calling, and had his hope now been changed to everlasting life on earth? No, for the earthly hope is not, as it were, a second-chance prospect...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

@mace.bean

You have a pm

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The main study publication has just been revised

I wonder if it’s to take out Tony?

• Listener
    Listener

ExBethelite, what has it been revised to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit