Re: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

by pixel 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • Chaserious
    Chaserious
    Wonder if they have them sign a confidentiality agreement so they can't talk about what they defend..

Lawyers don't make for very good whistleblowers, whether they have signed any agreement or not.

If a lawyer wants to break his or her duties of loyalty and confidentiality to the client and blow the whistle on something, it sure better be some kind of ongoing, serious criminal conduct, unless he or she wants to risk being disbarred.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I think after the way Barbara Anderson was treated/railroaded , any leaks or whistleblowers will be anonymous where it can't be traced or detected. 

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I am willing to provide technical help to anyone wanting to anonymously leak documents or information.
  • exasperatedKitty
    exasperatedKitty

"licensed attorneys and paralegals are needed... we are not encouraging individuals to pursue higher education"

makes me think of

'We accept blood fractions and the use of expensive, complex bloodless medical technology... but we refuse to donate blood and are not encouraging individuals to pursue the education needed to create or improve bloodless medical technology.‘

If I was as self-centered and oblivious as this sounds when I was in, that would explain why I felt so ashamed of my old pretensions once I left...

• Samaritan At the Well
    Samaritan At the Well

How pathetic.... Two face hypocrites.  You can't get a college education to support your family and be successful in life BUT if you happen to just have a degree in your back pocket we want you to slave for us for FREE until we are done using you.  This letter makes me sick!!!!!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I just may mention to my wife that I imagine the problem of lawsuits over pedophile members is so bad that they have to recruit among the members for more lawyers.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Mat 5:39,40:  '....but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.  And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment.'

While Jesus expects us individually to take to heart the above words in our dealings with one another, he apparently has given a free pass to the WTBTS!  

Not only does WT feel that these words do not apply to them...they go to the extreme of having a large legal department which currently utilizes upwords of 25 in-house attorneys along with another 75 legal gophers, legal assistants and researchers. And as if these numbers weren't enough, they have put out this BOE letter as a request for more 'Defenders of Truth'. 

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    We are hoping to locate several experienced attorneys and paralegals who have exceptional analytical, research, and writing abilities.

This is awfully picky considering the compensation they are offering, isn't it?  Given the higher-education ban (reaffirmed in this letter, no less) they impose, I'm guessing that any JW with a law license and the ability to fog a mirror qualifies, analytical abilities be damned. 

• flipper
    flipper

" Dear Brothers, Experienced, mature, spiritually-qualified licensed attorneys and paralegals are needed to assist with the work at Bethel. "

Translation:  " We are getting the hell beat out of us by all these child abuse lawsuits and we DESPERATELY need experienced attorneys who will lie on our behalf ( part of being " spiritually-qualified " ) with work at Bethel , to save our organizations ass. "

Peace out, Mr. Flipper  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit