Re: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

by pixel 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

" We trust that you will use DISCRETION in approaching publishers regarding volunteering to assist the organization in the above way. "

Translation : " Don't announce anything to the congregation about this because it may start talk among the brothers and sisters that we are in trouble with Caesar's laws.  And don't mention ANYTHING about child abuse cases. "

• flipper
    flipper

" Please note that we are NOT encouraging individuals to pursue higher education or university degrees to obtain skills related to legal matters. "

Translation : " No need for education as an attorney or paralegal at all , no need for you to even have a mind- because WE - WT legal - will instruct you on WHAT to say and HOW to say it in a court of law. We just want it to APPEAR that we have a lot of attorneys and paralegals because we have so MANY child abuse cases coming against us  that we just need BODIES in office seats representing us as attorneys and paralegals- therefore no need to " obtain skills related to legal matters "

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”

― Walter ScottMarmion
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Chas,

This is awfully picky considering the compensation they are offering, isn't it?  Given the higher-education ban (reaffirmed in this letter, no less) they impose, I'm guessing that any JW with a law license and the ability to fog a mirror qualifies, analytical abilities be damned. 

Yes it is very picky considering they have a very limited pick from those who are brain dead JWs in delusion and actually find a really good lawyer that will put up with the GB bull shit machine. They are too knee deep in wishful thinking to make wise decisions and continue to grasp at straws while they live in their fantasy world of God's earthly organization.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is f**king priceless.

They must be either anticipating even more pedo lawsuits, or their current crop of legal representation and advice sucks balls even worse than I thought.

This bit's the kicker, though:

"Please note that we are not encouraging individuals to pursue higher education or university degrees to obtain skills related to legal matters."

"Gob-Spocked"

When something is so gobsmacking, even Spock reacts.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Does anyone know when this letter was sent? Is it recent? Anyone has a copy of the real letter?
  • sir82
    sir82
    It just appeared on JW.org this week. There are several threads on this letter, some of them have link to sites where you can download it. Another thread has a scan of the letter.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

At the (ever so slight) risk of revealing my identity, I have a life-long friend who has a brother in the Legal Department who he went to visit last month up in Patterson. When he was asked by someone how things were going, he said, and I quote, "Very very busy. I'm working until 7 or 8 every night. Jehovah's Chariot is moving ahead!"

Obviously, hearsay.

All I could think of was that there must be a lot of Pedo cases for them to have him work overtime and miss the mid week meeting.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah, hundreds of pedo cases, and stealing all the kingdom halls from the congregations. Lots of paperwork!

I'm sure there's a stubborn COBE or two out there that donated 50,000 or so to build the hall giving them pushback.

startrek - I'm an elder. It's real. Crazy I know. How desperate are they to expose themselves like this willingly?

-TE

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cappytan - "All I could think of was that there must be a lot of Pedo cases for them to have him work overtime and miss the mid week meeting."

Ten bucks says he gets to count it as service time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit