Re: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

by pixel 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• erbie
    erbie
    This just so goes against everything they used to believe in. I think it's shocking behaviour. Never have I seen such hypocrisy.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah I am sure they have the lawyers sign a million forms before they show them the dirt, but since when is a lawyer scared of legal forms? I hope one of them turns purely because of conscience - like Barbara Anderson did.

-TE

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

To all the Breaking Bad fans.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WT writers are very adept at loaded language. While they use the terms, "academic" and "impractical", there is some wiggle room. One could argue that the WTBTS doesn't discourage education in a practical field. Neither do they encourage it. 

They have really screwed themselves with their legalism and going beyond the things written. By labeling higher education as anything taking 4 or more years, they have created an enviroment where dubs are afraid of going to anything more than a trade school. 

There is nothing wrong with trade school, of course, but without "higher education" you can't be a lawyer. So they shot themselves in the foot. 

Eden One had an excellent point. If you have the balls to somewhat disobey the "bible-based" counsel of the GB and pursue "higher education", but you are deluded enough to still believe the GB speak for Jeehoober, then you are the perfect recruit to be used by the WTBTS. 

You were just "not quite dumb enough", yet "submissive" enough. Had you been any dumber, you wouldn't have become a lawyer, and you may qualify for janitorial privileges. Had you been less submissive, you would be DF'd.  

DD

• Jay Elle
    Jay Elle

They should start a special door to door campaign seeking out worldly lawyers for converting.  It could be a new presentation at the door.

hello, is the lawyer of the house available?

• 7Starz
    7Starz

Do as we say, not as we do.  Talk about setting the example!  They need lawyers on the down low.  Wonder if they have them sign a confidentiality agreement so they can't talk about what they defend...hmmm.  Sounds like they're gearing up for major persecution on the legal front.

• 7Starz
    7Starz

So glad I'm out.  Maybe new positions in the future...coming soon Lawders (Elder Lawyers)?...

• Simon
    Simon

"Please, we need people who ignored our advice to avoid getting an education and a career to now volunteer their time to us for free so that we can use their skills and know-how without having to pay"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In my opinion its not that the WTS. cant afford to hire lawyers outside of the organization but they want

lawyers who are going to be on their side during court cases., showing their dutiful service to Jehovah

and his earthly organization.  

There has been a bit of information toward the WTS trying to grab any properties that haven't already been titled over to the WTS. in the US and elsewhere.  $$$

So this could be another reason why they want lawyers who have experience in property and real estate transactions.     

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wonder if they have them sign a confidentiality agreement ...

Is the Pope Catholic?

Is Anthony Morris the Third homophobic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit