Re: Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

by pixel 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

I also like how they put "publisher" in there. I bet Joe publisher with a nice resume will be accepted no problem even if he's looked at you know what within the last year.

I know a private-practice attorney who handles a lot of WTS-related stuff - mostly wills, child custody, etc.

She was DF'ed for a while, so of course did not work with the WTS during her "time-out".

When she was reinstated, well, quicker than you can say "Candace Conti", she was immediately back to working on WTS-related stuff.

Funny how she didn't have the "restriction" of "not working on Watchtower legal matters" imposed on her. She wasn't allowed to comment at meetings or give talks, but she had the immediate "privilege" of making sure that the WTS got its mitts on deceased members' money in a timely fashion.

Oh - forgot to mention - this attorney completed her law degree as an adult JW. I.e., she ignored the WTS counsel to not get a "higher education".

And the WTS is only too glad to ignore its own counsel and "uses" her extensively.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I find it ironic, they use the words..."we would like to USE you". TOO FUNNY!!!
  • steve2
    steve2

Unstated in the letter (obviously!), is the likelihood that, within Bethel itself, there is more than one unofficial view on higher education.

I can only wonder how many "brothers" of some ranking harbor less rigid views on this topic but are required to parrot the strict "party line". And that's only at Bethel.

More widely, throughout congregations the world over, there is a distinct impression that the rank and file are increasingly ignoring admonition against higher education. 

This tension - obvious from repeated warnings about higher education - will intensify as time passes. It's such a bugger when the end doesn't come and the organization continues to expect the rank and file to exist in a world in which higher education is required for the kinds of work required at Bethel.

Talk about dilemma!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

They figure out that:

a) If you're smart enough to get a college degree

b) If your're smart enough to see through the WTS bulls**t regarding 'higher education', go ahead and get a diploma in spite of pressures from Elders

AND

c) after all that, you're still able to look at yourself in the mirror and stay "in"

then you're just the kind of person they need for their legal department.

Eden

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    We highly discourage tight pants, but if you have tight pants anyway, we need you at Bethel.  Tell nobody, just apply secretly.  
  • freemindfade
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Please note that we are not encouraging individuals to pursue higher education or university degrees to obtain skills related to legal matters. (w13 10/15 pp. 15-16 pars. 13-14) - BOE Letter 1/13/15

The WT reference is ironically interesting:

EDUCATION—HIGHER OR HIGHEST?
    13 Paul warned the Colossian Christians: “Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ.” (Col. 2:8) “The philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men” surfaces today in the worldly thinking promoted by many intellectuals. Higher education, with its emphasis on academic study, often produces graduates who have few or no practical skills, leaving them unprepared to deal with the realities of life. By contrast, Jehovah’s servants choose education that helps them to develop the necessary skills so that they can maintain a simple life of service to God. They take to heart the counsel Paul offered Timothy: “To be sure, it is a means of great gain, this godly devotion along with self-sufficiency. So, having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things.” (1 Tim. 6:6, 8) Rather than acquiring secular degrees and titles after their names, true Christians focus on obtaining “letters of recommendation” by engaging as fully as possible in the field ministry.—Read 2 Corinthians 3:1-3.

14 Consider the case of the apostle Paul. He was educated at the feet of the Jewish Law teacher Gamaliel. The education Paul received can be compared with that of a university education to- day. But how did Paul view this when compared with his privilege of slaving for God and Christ? He wrote: “I . . . consider all things to be loss on account of the excelling value of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.” Then he added: “On account of him I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse, that I may gain Christ.” (Phil. 3:8) That assessment helps young Christians and their God-fearing parents to make a wise choice when it comes to education.

Curious, the WTBTS will not "refuse" to use the worldy "trash" knowledge of any R&F JWs that have legal training; training which they claim is not "practical" and has no value in connection with the "realities of life."

Here are people that could be making six-figures incomes for themselves.

WT Leadership's message: You better not get an education, but if you did: Don't make a lot of money for yourself. That's selfish! Come work for us for free and MAKE US A LOT OF MONEY!

What a bunch of hypocrites.Making the Pharisees look like amateurs.

Let's review: IT'S A CULT!

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

freemindfade - that's freaking hilarious

oubliette - good points. doublethink much?

Freaking cult hypocrites.

-TE

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Doublethink much!

It's doubleunplusgood.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    Experienced Attorneys and Paralegals Needed at Bethel

It's almost like the Holy Spirit just isn't enough these days.

or put another way...

I guess "The Most Powerful Force in the Universe" (drum-roll).......... needs a lawyer 

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit