Is this life all there is?

by Fisherman 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

I'm glad that this life is all there is.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I ran out of zeros trying to prove there is no God.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Most probably not and I think I'm 99,9% sure about that, the rest is intuition. But... it would be exciting to know if our mental energy (thoughts) would still exist or be preserved somewhere in this or some other universe. I wouldn't call that life, soul or spirit, but maybe some coded form of information (yes, I love The Matrix). Most of what we see is nothing compared to what we can't see... dark matter, dark energy. There still is so much we don't know. Without any solid proof we can only speculate within the realm of our current knowledge.

My hope however is zero...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What do you sincerely think? Do you nurture any hope?

Don't know, don't give a fuck.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Life is chemical/electrical. Every last bit of our life is based on that. When you die, there is no crossing over to "something else." There is nothing that survives like a soul and passes into a spirit world or another body.

Live, love, enjoy.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Fisherman said

Has anyone at least sincerely tried to ask the horse directly to talk? Just curious.”

dear god man you dont know the can of worms you are opening. Theres a whole group of voice hearers who started their own forum. They will be glad to tell you allllllllllllllll about talking to him

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What you see is what you get. There are no do-overs. This life is not a dress rehearsal for something better.

So, cherish every moment you are alive. You will dead much longer than you will be alife.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

You are asking what we think and about hope. Both of these are about beliefs and not based on real evidence. There are tons of Belief Systems (B.S.) out there to choose from but they are all based on assumptions (I.e. the Bible is inerrentand God's word)

Some of these things are provably wrong, for example we can prove whether or not the bible is inerrent by simply reading it. That doesn't mean that there's no god or that your faith in him or in JC won't save you but that would all be blind faith since there's no evidence to suggest its true.

Each of us have our own experience, if I told you that I saw Jesus in a potato chip and he healed my broken leg, would it convince you? Likely you be convinced that I'm lying or crazy, and rightly so.

In my opinion, you have to experience the truth for yourself, otherwise its simply more B.S. And you adopt someone else's ideas. I like Thomas Campbell's "my big toe", his big Theory Of Everything which he has outlined in detail in his YouTube videos as well as his book. A quick search for the name on YouTube gets to his channel. I won't outline it here but it's backed by way more science (even physics) than religions around the world and even explains many of their teachings without the dogma usually attached. I like it, it's seems to fit with my own observations thus far but I don't BELEVE it all, until I can experience some of the deeper consequences of the theory, I would consider it simply the best theory there is. If I can replicate his findings, I can prove it to myself, at which point there is no longer believing any of it, it is simply KNOWING.

According to the TOE, which is more suited to answer this question of yours than the other stuff out there (imho), the answer is yes there is life after death but life as well as death are not what we have believed it to be. A bit similar to the ideas of reincarnation but much more open-ended. Much of it is provable with science but some of it is really only provable on the individual level, no one can prove it for you.

Ready Player 6,798,479,398

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I believe this life is all there is, I see zero evidence of an afterlife of any kind. I will grow old and die, just like everyone else in the history of the earth. I have had a good life and hope to get a few more years out of it, I'm good.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I don’t know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit