Is this life all there is?

by Fisherman 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

I guess we all won't know what there is until we drop dead.

make peace with that. I have

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

notsurewheretogo

How can you tell whatever experience you had was in fact "real"? Might it be "real" in your mind only?

How can you trust any of your senses, let alone prove your existence? There are many assumptions we take for granted in order for us to arrive to certain conclusions and beliefs.

If my experience with the shaman doing the egg cleaning, "limpia" in Spanish, was all in my head, then yes I belong in a mental institution. However, what I saw and heard was with my own eyes. I trust it wasn't a dream, and I trust it wasn't just me being crazy. I also trust the black ink that came out was no sleight of hand, same as the bubble over the yolk that looked like an eye. Those were eggs I BOUGHT at the store.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well, I for one believe Jesus' words

1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14: 1-6 (NKJV)

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

knowsnothing1...but none of that is "proof"...your own eyes or ears are not proof of anything.

Evidence for this type of thing has to come from the "majority" and that is your experience was just that, your experience and not something that proves anything supernatural.

The evidence of the "majority" shows this life is all there is..you ar ewelcome to believe something else but it is not based on "fact".

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

Pretty much this is it!

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

notsurewheretogo,

Nobody can convince anyone. I didn't believe because someone told me, I believe because I saw. You can't make an appeal to majority for truth, you know many hold erroneous beliefs.

Again, how do YOU arrive at truth? At some point you are trusting your senses, fallible as they may be.

• TD
    TD
    What do you sincerely think? Do you nurture any hope?

It took me many years to accept it, but yes, this is it.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might...."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yep.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

After this life everyone will be straight and white and ironically eat fruitcake.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Many are not able to see the abundant "proofs" since their eyes have not yet been opened. That many do not believe is not held against them. All will be pleasantly surprised when they awaken from the "long sleep" to find themselves in the midst of those made alive again.

In spite of our numerous shortcomings and our bad choices we are all loved and will all be re-shaped into what we were intended to be. The Training Program includes slightly different paths for the Sheep and the Goats but, thankfully, all will be accommodated and prepared to enjoy the coming lifetime without end. Some of us will have considerable "debt" to repay but we'll be helped every step of the way.

When the time is right all of our eyes will be opened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit