Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!...sounds fun!

(But Im with stan....I just don't understand what you are all on about...but it sounds great!)

Do you mean that when searching for a wireless network to connect to, the names of such are misdirections to sites of our choosing?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Do you mean that when searching for a wireless network to connect to, the names of such are misdirections to sites of our choosing?

When you are searching for Wifi, you know how each Wifi spot has a name? Like "ATT Hot Spot", "Last Name Wifi" etc...?

You simply just make the name jwfacts.com. You set a password so no one can connect to it and track the exact location. That way, when everyone uses their devices it pops up saying there are wifi networks and the name that shows up is jwfacts.com.

Simple as that and nothing more. That site is now in a JW's mind and if he already has some doubts he now has a site to look it. It's not to force any JW to a site. It's all up to them at that point.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Now that this idea has been posted, I'm guessing those monitoring this site from HQ will issue a stern warning from the platform telling everyone not to be accessing unknown hotspots.

The other part of this is that apparently this means people are surfing the internet during the assembly, so there'll be a warning about that too.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

This is an amazing idea. Did anyone guess it was you or try to address it at all?

CC

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

The key to this is that no one need access any unknown hotspots, this just appears in the list of hotspots that people could choose - right in front of them.

Subtle! ;)

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

My friends, this is good stuff, and can be really effective. I hope you all, who go to assemblies, please do it.

I have an incredible endevour going on, right now. Since this site is, supposedly, perhaps monitered by the evil Borg, i REFUSE to get into details.

That being said, i have the means, and resources, and manpower, to do some INCREDIBLE "things" in the computer world, and boy do i have BIG plans, my friends, BIG plans.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Funny, somehow when I proposed this a while back, people did not respond so well. Some accused me of trying to hijack DNS

You proposed re-directing requests for jw.org to jwfacts.com. That IS hijacking DNS. Setting your SSID to JWFacts.com isn't the same thing at all.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thank you viv! I swear i was racking my brain trying to recall that but couldnt find a thread to say one way or another.....
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    That being said, i have the means, and resources, and manpower, to do some INCREDIBLE "things" in the computer world, and boy do i have BIG plans, my friends, BIG plans.

Yes, that's very "helpful", those "things".

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Thank you viv! I swear i was racking my brain trying to recall that but couldnt find a thread to say one way or another.....

No worries, sir. I happen to be a consultant in the IT field, I tend to remember things like that :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit