Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    I suspect that all the content of any WT assembly is copyrighted and thus, using the convention theme would be in violation of copyright laws (and subject to the full weight of WT Legal Department). Naming your personal hotspot JW.Facts.com and redirects to this website is a very shrewd concept. Do it.
  • jw07
    jw07

I did this at the convention this year:
    1. Downloaded a 3rd party app and named my hotspot jehovahs-witness.com during lunch time
    2. left it open
    3. walked around mingling and doing my 'attendant' duties
    4. found out that 97 devices out of a crowd of 5000+ had 'connected'

I'm not sure how many of those were deliberate or which ones were set to automatically connect to available networks.

The method makes sense though. Someone can receive an 'unwitness' even months after while going through their Wifi connection list.

• jw07
    jw07

This can also be a great tool for spreading fear with hotspot names like "apostate meeting in bathroom 1pm"

That's exactly 32 characters which is the SSID (WiFi name) limit :-)

Watchtower is reactionary. If there are enough ex-jws / awake jws doing this then they may send out a letter or update their convention guidelines with some nonesense like "it would be a loving gesture to turn of your WiFi so as not to be distracted while you benefit from spiritual food."

It would rattle sabers though, and have the leadership spooked by something they had NO control over at their yearly brainwashing extravaganza.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

What I want to do is rip off the Borg web layout and rewrite the entire site including info from JW Facts and links to CoC and other apostate literature.

Copytrans, if you do that make it available to us all.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I also was thinking about this and got the hardware but was unable to decide on what to share.

My thoughts on it was to create a site where the info looked like it was semi-private info for the Convention.

Maybe FAQ being asked pioneers at the door and explanations from the WTBTS that conceded that the info was correct. Such as the 607BCE/ 586BCE conflict. Pyramid info from CTR,..and on and on and on.

Maybe the Shepherding the flock of God book being mentioned that householders had found it online ( so the Jws would know the name and that it was online) Possibly info about Candace Conti, Australian Royal Commission.

The idea is to not alert them to the fact that the info does not come from an Apostate. I would be truthful but would share enough info as if they were telling the Jws how to handle these questions.

NJY

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I like the idea!

Would be interesting to monitor the activity and see what things the Jws read on the "apostate" sites.

Apostate meeting in bathroom 1pm xD hilarious!

It might result in a bunch of elders going there and looking suspiciously at each other :P

The servants at "my" convention use what's app to communicate, so they will probably find out about these things fast.

• TheListener
    TheListener

If the WTS starts telling people to turn off wifi at the meetings won't the dubs have to use their data plans? I don't know about most dubs but around my area most don't have unlimited high speed data anymore. That might make some dubs mad.

I love the idea of publishing a cryptic message like Apostate meeting 1pm by only using a wifi name. Is there any way a person could be identified besides just walking around and checking signal strength?

• cognac
    cognac

I'll do it, "Any other apostates here"?

See if anyone renames their hotspot to answer.

• cognac
    cognac

"If you set your network to open, you should check to see what the devices are that are connected to it, force people to use an email address and their name to use. Absolutely nothing would be preventing them from not using their real email address and name, but still. And make the default home page they get once they put in an email address jwfacts."

How do you do this???

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I wish I understood all this technical talk. Sadly, I'm lost when it comes to this stuff. I have an iphone5 and have no clue how to do the things folks are talking about here. But it would be fun to try. Maybe one day I'll learn about this stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit