Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

I too was at AMEX today where we had our bags searched on entry. I thought they were looking for guns and bombs but obviously they were just looking for K99's box of tricks!

George

PS As I sat through Carl Snaith's monotone talk I could not help thinking "We need another streaker to liven things up"

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Assuming you don't want anyone to actually connect, is there a way that you could create the hotspot as an open network but still prevent connections? I'm just thinking about it because a lot of people have their phones set (I think in many cases, it's the default setting) to alert them when an open connection is available. So you might get more people checking it if you broadcast something that doesn't require a password.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Is there a tutorial online for using an older android phone as a hotspot, but securing it so that the only thing available to whomever connects is crisis of conscience or other documents of our choosing?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There was talk about that earlier in the thread. The best way of doing that would probably to use a Arduino or Raspberry Pi based device. You would create a low power PC basically with a Wifi AP. People connect and can see a web page and/or get documents.

There might be some merits to this but I think it's the law of diminishing returns. A non accessible SSID message is a very simple and safe way of letting people know there are dissenters within the midst. I suspect the majority of curious ones would want to follow a link when there are no other people around.

What would be even more powerful is if at every CA and RC each person awake to TTATT did it. Seeing a handful or more SSIDs when searching for Wifi would be fantastic in my book. I encourage everyone who still has to go to an event to do it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I encourage everyone who still has to go to an event to do it.

what a terrible thought. my worst nightmare.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I prefer to think of it as livin' the dream stan.......

....as I sit huddled, shaking in the corner....

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Get a cheap throw a way phone and put some higher ups contact info in the phone such as all the GB members etc,..

Then turn on the Hot Spot with jwfacts.com or crisisofconscience or whatever and drop the phone into the jacket pocket of the convention over seer or visiting GB member etc,.. and see what happens.

If you can't make it to one of the big boys to drop it in, find that attendant that took your girl and drop it in his pocket. Ha

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit