My conclusion on the matter

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Do 'viruses' cause disease?! Very interesting info: https://open.substack.com/pub/christinemasseyfois/p/a-response-to-dr-vernon-coleman?r=2o118d&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

The above response by Massey provides links of Dr. Andrew Kaufman, Dr. Tom Cowan and others.

• cofty
    cofty

FFS!

• LV101
    LV101

Worth checking out -- I'm not convinced but need an open mind.

I'll never be able to wrap head around when they try to explain how several in group/family become sick if not a virus -- I don't understand but I'll watch again.🤪

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

In Dubland;

"It says in the bible that the earth is 'round' ".

There you go. Slam dunk. Case closed.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Just met up with an old friend whose family grew up with mine.

I remember when the first Harry Potter came out their family loved it and all the books. In our congregation it was sort of frowned upon.

My old friend sort of said yes well it worth keeping these things quiet if it stumbles others. They said it so great being part of the congregation and the worldwide brotherhood even if it’s not true it’s worth it being a part of it all.

I remember having a good talk all those decades ago and now I think about it, I was kind of more PIMI than PIMO back then but this entire family was more PIMO then PIMI.

Only now do I realise and it really clicked with me. Now we talk about it openly that we just don’t know if the Bible is true and if it is are JWs nearest to the truth. We both admit to being more mentally not sure than mentally in.

But even after all these years they still choose to stay physically in and put on an act all these years. Go through motions but never lie, just say things like won’t it be wonderful when the Bibles promises come true however that may happen, or something like that. I don’t want to take that away from anyone and don’t want anyone to take that from me.

I wonder how many of the 8 million active pubs are like we are now?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I think there may even be the majority of those still in are having the attitude that it may be true but may not be.

They are staying in for the association.

I remember volunteering for BRD in Chelmsford and there is something very special about the JW brotherhood

• cofty
    cofty

Have you ever watched DIY SOS?

Same spirit of community and good will but they won't cut you off from your family if you admit to a thought crime

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I have to agree with Cofty on this point. That's a membership in a club whose annual dues are far too high. You can find that sort of camaraderie and brotherhood in far more healthy environments. I've often felt that people that stay in when they are as you describe are more akin to someone displaying battered spouse syndrome. They have been abused for so long they begin to think they deserve it and can't imagine breaking away from their oppressor.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

As a side note ExBethel, you may want to watch some of the debates between John Lennox and Richard Dawkins, not just for content but as a nice example of how civilized discourse and debate is done. Their debates are definitely germane to the topic(s) of this thread.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Do 'viruses' cause disease?”

Pshh.

Everyone knows that diseases are caused by an imbalance of humours.

And phlogiston is a factor, too. Somehow.

😎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit