My conclusion on the matter

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

After being brought up a JW, going to MTS, Bethel, Pioneer school multiple times, serving in foreign assignments and having been an elder for decades my conclusion is that I am now PIMA, physically in mentally agnostic.

Agnostic means you think it can’t be proven either way creation or evolution. I do tend to lean towards evolution but creation at the very start because you can’t get life from dead matter. But I’m open to the possibility of chance theory at the origin of it all. Neither can be proved even though both sides say they can prove their theory.

A lot of ex JWs want the religion to end, I don’t feel this way.

I do like this new JWLITE option after 2023 AGM. No more ministry required just send a thumbs up once a month.

GB admitted they are not inspired and they do make mistakes which changes the entire following direction even if you don’t agree. I think this change came in after the remaining fully vaccinated direction that was Very dangerous.

So this new approach to all their old doctrine saying “we can’t be dogmatic and we don’t know” is very Very liberating!

They can say we think 1914 and the 77 week prophecy is correct but -can’t be dogmatic and we don’t know!

We think it’s not good to take blood transfusions in every single case no matter what but “can’t be dogmatic and we don’t know”

we think that scripture means we don’t need to change our shunning policies but - can’t be dogmatic and we don’t know

in the congregation anybody critical of someone else they can be asked the question why do you say that, did you not hear the GB keep on saying - can’t be dogmatic and we don’t know????

this could really apply to absolutely anything the JWs say from now on, and going back the things they have said

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Creation and evolution do not have to be mutually exclusive. Many theists believe that god created the universe, created Earth, and populated it, then allowed evolution to further diversify life on the planet.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    this could really apply to absolutely anything the JWs say from now on, and going back the things they have said

This is true, I have not really thought about it in the terms you are putting it here. I also was raised a JW, pioneered, went to Bethel, and served as an elder for decades so we have a similiar experience, at least in these ways.

Since I am also PIMO, I am just waiting to see how this new lite sinks in to the R&F. I am very curious to see the results of this major change not just the no time reporting but also the things you mentioned. The "Jehovah will do what is right" in regards to resurrections and last minute repentance is even more major in my opinion. Going to be fascinating going forward.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The problem that I have with the religion is that they are pharisees in that they look to works to make us clean before God. They take the words of Paul and make the law thinking that following them will make us clean and not following them will make us not clean; but forgetting that Jesus is what makes us clean.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Exbe, when I woke up, having been from birth a brought up J.W, I was in my late 50's, and realised I had been kept in a Bubble of Ignorance by the Org.

I decided i would educate myself, on all matters, I humbly suggest you do so yourself, it will open your eyes, and lead you to Truth.

>Truth is only established upon irrefutable evidence.<

Start with a Book like "Life Arising", I forget the Authors name, but he shows how Abiogenesis happened, how life began, not from "dead matter" by the way, and then clearly and readably explains how Evolution worked and works.

The rest of the stuff about the Org. etc. can wait, if you go straight to the core of things, and see that no Creator was necessary and all the evidence says there was not one, you will save yourself a lot of time.

Please give consideration to this, find Truth, real truth as I have defined above, your life will be enriched, and you will be on the Road To Freedom Of Mind.

All the best for the future !

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

This is true, I have not really thought about it in the terms you are putting it here. I also was raised a JW, pioneered, went to Bethel, and served as an elder for decades so we have a similiar experience, at least in these ways.

Since I am also PIMO,”

I’m not PIMO that’s the difference, I’m PIMA. Mentally agnostic

im sitting on the fence because if there is a God then I think the JWs are nearest to the truth from the Bible even though I think they are wrong on many things.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Phizzy, the book "Life Arising"

Could you have meant Life Ascending, by Nick Lane?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Phizzy thank you so much for your post I really appreciate it.

The truth is I’m going through a real crisis trying to get my head round what you said here “Please give consideration to this, find Truth, real truth as I have defined above, your life will be enriched, and you will be on the Road To Freedom Of Mind.”

If I am to accept what that book and many others like it says that chance was the origin of everything then I lose all hope of the Bibles wonderful promises. Please explain how that would enrich my life?

I realise I don’t have a strong faith in the Bibles promises but I do have hope. Being agnostic at least leaves me some hope of something better. This to me is the ultimate freedom. Both intelligent design or chance boxes are not freedom of thought if you totally disregard the other completely, in my opinion either option you put yourself into a box.

If you believe the chance theory there is no hope of anything better. You have maybe a few decades left of this life and then that’s it you’re dead. No purpose to anything. Life is meaningless. How is this on the road to freedom of mind? You are putting yourself in that box that Darwin and others created !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I realise [sic] I don’t have a strong faith in the Bibles promises but I do have hope. . . . . If you believe the chance theory there is no hope of anything better. You have maybe a few decades left of this life and then that’s it you’re dead. No purpose to anything. Life is meaningless. ExBethelitenowPIMA

I think the worst realization upon awakening is coming to terms with the fact that there likely is no Sky Daddy who will "make all things right" in the future. Injustices will never be corrected. Those who are "evil" will not get what they deserve in way of any kind of "divine punishment".

At least I do not see any evidence to convince me otherwise, although I would love to see such. I would love to be able to believe in that former "hope" that I once had. But I see no advantage to believing in what I perceive to be "false hope". Still, I don't think that means there is no purpose to life or that life is meaningless. It is what you make of it.

And then............."that's it, you're dead." And I think I have adopted the attitude of Mark Twain.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” ― Mark Twain

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I’m going through this crisis right now desirusofchange. It’s actually very very hard for me.

This is why I’m not going to put myself into that box, I’m not going to let anyone rob me of my hope.

You can’t prove to me that there is no God so a Ty you are also PIMA just like me going by the true definition of agnostic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit