The Disfellowshipping/Killing of Jane Part 2

by jst2laws 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((((((Steve)))))))))))))) & ((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))) I'm sorry that you both hurt over this.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I hope you are OK

I am. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just wanted you to know that someone else had lived through a similar experience. It does get better. The voices niggle at me, but less and less each day. But I just wanted you to know, it does get better.

It's funny you did this Steve. My first night back at work after Bill's suicide, I came home and stared up at the night sky and a bright moon. I was aware of my breathing, the cold night air and wondered at this life. I, like you, am alive to appreciate the wonders of the setting sun and a clear, bright moon.

Keep safe,

Chris

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Steve and Chris))))))

You guys are so beautiful! I am glad that you are being kind to yourselves today. You are warm and wonderful human beings.

Love,

Brenda

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Steve, your last post on this thread was absolutly beautiful. You are correct, it is great to be alive, and we should enjoy that experience as much as possible. Bug

• Badger
    Badger

Steve:

We weren't ourselves in that abortion of a religion...were we just parts of a machine, driven by a maniacal hand.

Consider this:

We were always told that we need a strong coscience to help us on our way. How true. Yours, and those of many former elders (on the board and elsewhere) have finally activated since leaving. As I tell my son when he feels guilty and says, crying, that he's "a bad boy":

"You're not bad...if you were bad, you would keep on doing it...but you know it's wrong, you stopped, and are sorry...that means that you're really good."

You're doing the right thing now...that's all you can do. No matter how down you feel about it, No one, NO ONE, is beyond redemption.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I spent most of my years "IN" in North Georgia.

I only read the first page of comments here. If I repeat something please forgive me.

Keep in mind: Jane was fooled by the WTBTS. You were fooled by the WTBTS. Both of you were victims. Where ever she is now, if she is conscious, she knows this.

I was treated badly in my last congregation by most of the elders. My whole family was.The results were horrible. I, too, suffered from depression. A lot of it was caused by the WT org. But, Just2,I ask you: do you know how healing it is for those of us, who were mistreated, to come here & find former elders who have left the org? Do you know how comforting it is for us to hear that you regret the behavior you displayed as a man who was controlled, just as we were, by the Governing Body? You are doing a lot of good here. You are balancing the harm you did in ignorance with good.

You've been given the chance to help people. You are doing it. This is a good thing.

Keep in mind that Ray Franz was a member of the Governing Body and has his own regrets. Imagine the empathy he feels for you and all of the other brothers who served the in the org.

I don't know if you believe in Jesus. But let's pretend for a minute that you do. Jesus asked that his own murderers be forgiven. If it's true, then he was one very loving person. I am sure that if Jane is alive somewhere that she is touched by your painful, sorrowful regret and she forgives you as well.

I'll tell you something else that helps me and might help you. When I am very hard on myself, my fiance tells me, "C'mon, Heather, you are NOT Charles Manson or Hitler. Stop beating yourself up." This helps you get perspective when you realize you are nothing like Manson or Hitler.

Please keep helping all of us who have come out or are going to be coming out. It won't change the past; but it will help today and it will help in the future.

Heather

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I am not here on this forum often but this probably the most sensitive and thought provoking thread I have read in the months I have been here. It's truly sad to learn the plight of many victims of the wts. I am glad to free from this dangerous organization. I only wish my mother could do the same. Thank you for sharing this experience.

• Loris
    Loris

The human carnage left in the wake of the Borg is immense. It is a killing machine set in motion many years ago by ignorant and foolish men. It now has a life of it's own. Bigger and more evil than any one man has ever been. More incidious than any of us can imagine. Those of us who imagine that we have escaped unscathed learn sooner or latter how truely damaged we really are.

I can not express the pain in my heart at what has been posted here, It just makes me numb.

Thank you Steve and Chris for letting us share your pain. We need to be reminded now and again how evil the WTS is so that we can keep up the fight to be here for the victims of the slaughter.

Loris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit