Leaked. Nov 6th Secret Boxes

by Beth Sarim 63 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So, another huge Nothing Burger?

Well, I'm shocked.....SHOCKED I tells ya!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Like I said it is a mcguffin.

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    Mc·Guf·fin
    noun
    1. an object or device in a movie or a book that serves merely as a trigger for the plot.
      "the McGuffin in this intriguing comedy is an unpublished novel by a young writer killed in the war"
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Nothing burger.

With a side of nothing and nothing for flavor.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...with no fries....flies, perhaps.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JW profess a relationship with God and being guided and backed by God’s HS, not to be underestimated . But unless I’m wrong, the wt admitted and published in wt literature in the past that they have no special communication with God compared to any JW’s experience which means that no divine revelation should be expected from wt, only interpretation subject to error and directives. So what can you expect from mystery boxes knowing this? (Assuming all of this is true about the boxes and contents.) True there is a lot of good Bible research and valuable information from wt to the JW. So exciting info to expect is about organization policies and structure and news about the org, and bible interpretation. That can especially be exciting to younger JW with their careers in the congregation in front of them but to old folk flirting with Sheol, they are looking for a date hopefully not with sheol. A surprise brochure would be a reminder of love of God and to re-affirm that the preaching work continues. It ain’t over yet. This ain’t it. I am just guessing. What did you expect?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

If info is correct, the title says everything. You have to prove you love God by bringing people into the organization. ( because most of us understand it isn't about making disciples in the sense Jesus did, but rather getting them to worship, not the Father or the son, Jesus, but those who claim to be the voice of Jesus.( and of course, these new ones can bring in at the seat fee to the org if not more. The title exudes manipulation, emotional blackmail, and guilty feelings if you don't Love Jehovah-MaKe Disciples.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Conditional love

ie..of the Borganization.©Jehovah.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Should be Titled " Love JW org -make Members" to be true. They are worried about Contributions dropping in line with membership.

Making converts in the enlightened West is not going to happen, in the USA it may be a bit easier, religious affiliation is not looked upon as a bit weird there, but converts still must be rare, and the Org's growth will no longer come from the offspring of older J.W's so easily.

The World is waking up, 19th Century Doomsday Cults are so passe.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill
    It can't be long before the leaflet is scanned and made available, hopefully in time for some of the conventions.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

New Brochure, Love Jehovah-Make Disciples ,make disciples of who ? JEHOVAH or CHRIST JESUS ? or the JW religion ? Does the brochure spell it out in detail ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit