The Biggest Scandal In Your Congregation

by Hunyadi 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just bet that the biggest scandal in the cong I used to go to was...

first me leaving my elder husband (which forced him to step down) and then his second wife leaving him too.

He is single again and since he has such a difficult time controlling his urges I bet he is on the look-out for #3.

"Faithful brother ex-elder and presnt MS climbing the ladder back to elder status with 2 ex-wives and 2 DAed daughters and 2 DAed step-daughters seeks marriagable faithful sister to be in wifely subjection and to provide the marital due upon demand ."
    Think that might help him?
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Lady Lee,

You've reminded me of the "brother" in Southern California, an elder, former Bethelite, former pioneer, well liked I suppose in the Circuit, at least by the C.O.'s over the years - first his wife falls apart, leaves him, DA's, then his daughter, a regular pioneer living with him, is later publicly reproved and moves out; then a little later his son is disfellowshipped.

Through all this, the elder never steps aside, is never removed; has convinced the C.O.'s during each of these events that he was not to blame! That he had presided well over his household. Give me a break!

He had been dating around the District, finally fell in love with a very young girl, gets engaged, she breaks it off twice, he makes a complete fool of himself, calling everyone he can think of for solace and to talk about the young sister who "did not prove true to her commitment" him, almost like he did when his wife left him, but not as slanderously or extensively. Some brothers said he should have been disfellowshipped for the horrific way he talked about his ex-wife, the mother of his children. But of course, nothing happened to him.

Then, finally, he finds a female Pharisee soul mate, marries her, and makes a huge issue of his sex life in front of his son, who still lived with him. He and the stepmother were unkind and unfair to the son, so when he found a lot of sex "toys" and sex videos in their closet, he was angry and spread it all over several circuits what his dad and stepmother were up to.

Still, nothing happens to him, though he was questioned about it. Came out smelling like a rose. The brothers said it was a conscience matter to use the sex toys and videos. Yet only missionary style is allowed, and we can't watch R rated films - but he can watch X rated and experiment?? Still used for minor parts on the circuit assemblies, together with his wife.

Nothing but hypocrisy in that organization.

Love you Lee

Seeit

• Atilla
    Atilla

My congregation was fairly small and rural so everyone immediately knew anything that happened. I would go see an R movie and bam the next week I would hear about it, then I got smart and stopped taking my other dub friends with me. Even though our congregation had problems, we were apparently pretty attractive to other dub families who would travel 45 minutes or longer to go to our hall because their former hall was so messed up. Of course, they didn't know about our own little child abuse cover up that totally destroyed a family. Making matters worse, the matter was never reported to the police because the molestor was a bible study of a high ranking elder. The ironic part is that the molested JW family was split up with the mother leaving the family and the father remarried to another dub. The boys that were molested were pretty screwed up with the one attempting suicide and the other one being mentally stuck at age 12, that's when he was molested. Although, I think the molestor and his family still come to the meetings. Of course, there was lots of regular sex scandals, too bad none of them were mine. Other than that, I guess everything was perfect!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi there philuk,

The P.O. is the Presiding Overseer of the congregation. He is not the "head elder" as they all serve as a body; he just has oversight to make sure everything gets done and is done correctly. I believe he is also the chairman when the body of elders has meetings together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit