The Biggest Scandal In Your Congregation

by Hunyadi 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I attended a notorious congregation as a child, THE INFAMOUS WINTER GARDENS CONGREGATION! My cousin and his best friend, both named Joe, were elders, my cousin was the PO and the other Joe was a total loser suck up who wanted to be just like my cousin, Joe. What was even funnier, as I get off point a bit, is that "suck up" Joe's wife, Cathy, did everything she could do to get her pudgy lil self to dress, look, walk, and talk like my cousin Joe's wife, Clementine. It was sooooo gay. ((vomits))

Anyway, my aunt-fanatical-Esther had brought my mother into the organization in around 68. We all attended this lil congregation called Winter Gardens where so many unChristian things were going on that the younger people in the congregation who caught wind of various scandals would actually greet eachother in the Kingdom Hall by shaking hands warmly and firmly, smiling, and saying just above a wisper, "hello brother fornicator" or "hi there sister adultery". I thought it was the norm at one point and (I was 9) I once innocently responded to an elder's greeting with, "hello brother masturbator". He glared at me and went to have a chat with my mom . . .

My aunt Esther was a closet wino and would often get drunk and occasionally go running down the street screaming and making a scene in front of the worldly neighbors, bringing reproach upon Jehovah's name. She once came over to our house and beat the crap out of my mom who had just arrived home from the hospital from a total hysterectomy. She use to chase me (when I would come to visit) and my cousins around the house with what ever she could get her hands on, beating us and screaming at us because we were either watching a TV program or listening to a 45 record that was "DEMONIZED"! Everything to her was "demonized". She practically ran my mom, and she pressured my two oldest brothers when they were just 12 and thirteen to get baptized. The poor boys were disfellowshipped and set as cast-outs by the time they were 13 and 14. It devastated them. She always got away with it because Joe PO was her son-in-law and Clementine was her daughter. Ester could do whatever she pleased because lovely Clementine and the two Joes smoothed things over and covered her hypocracy.

The Winter Gardens congregation became so "spiritually sick" that the Governing Body had it completely desolved. I use to just think it was my family that was really messed up and hypocritical. I use to think that every other Witness was truly good and perfect and righteous . . . but alas . . . the one elder I had looked up to as a boy is now dead, but before he died it came to light that he had not only been smoking for years while an elder, but was also having an xtramarital affair for a number of years while his wife spent 60 hours in service each month.

I could just keep going but I want to save some stuff for my analyst so that I can feel my money is well spent.

Best Regards,

Hunyadi

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My parents

• shamus
    shamus

My congregation was pretty tame. We had a guy who lived with his parents (he was 45ish), bald, out of work, and couldn't watch Star Trek because "Deanna Troy" "excited" him. He always had scabs on his bald head because his parents would club him every now and then, thus causing bleeding. He would pick his scabs at the meetings... totally sick!

We had one weirdo who sat in the very back of the hall.. he had pop-bottle glasses, and was an out-of work proof reader. (he was a total freak!). When the Young People Ask book came out, after the assembly we had our "assembly review" during the service meeting. The part that dealt with the YPA book was not question and answer... anyhoo, the speaker mentions that in the YPA book there are good things for youth, including overcoming mastrubation.

Well, this guy puts up his hand... remember, this isn't question and answer... and he gets a mic, and says "I find it helps if I sleep on my side". And that's not the end of it... he went up to a sister after the meeting and said "I wish you wouldn't wear that dress... it excites me".

There were no juicy scandals. Just complete weirdo's.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hunyadi

hi!

My congregation had a few scandals. One was a when a family moved in, consisting of a mother, her 2 teenage daughters and 1 son, and a grandson (child of one of the unmarried daughters). It was announced at the first meeting they attended that in order to stop gossip, that the father of the child was in fact the grandfather! Yes, the wonderful presiding overseer father had been sexually molesting his daughters for years (and physically molesting his sons), and was only punished finally when he got one of his daughters pregnant. The little boy was about 1 year old, and thankfully was not physically impaired in any way.

Another scandal concerned my ex-girlfriends parents and another brother "B" and sister "C" in the congregation. It turned out that mother of my girlfriend was secretly in love with brother B and her father (an elder) was secretly in love with sister C. Their sham marriage went on for years until elder father couldn't stand it any more, and decided to give sister C a good bollocking. Then he immediately confessed to the elders and was tokenly disfellowshipped for 6 months. Which allowed my girlfriends mother and brother B to get married, and then elder father married sister C after 6 months. It all worked out great in the end, its so good to see what a planned bit of fornication can achieve. I think the elder father was eventually made a MS again; and they all stayed in the same congregation!! How creepy is that!

I have been out of the Borg for over 10 years and in the "world" I have never ever seen or heard of such shenanigans amongst worldly people.

Jehovah really seems to know how to pick 'em...

Cheers!

Pope

• shamus
    shamus

Pope,

Just with regard to your comment on how "Jehovah picks them", ROFLMAO! I have never seen such strange and bizarre behavior from a group of people in my life. The term "social misfit" was a tame term to apply to some of the congregation weirdo's! Believe me, I was in a lot, and there were only a few that didn't have at least one person that was so crackers it wasn't funny!

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y
    What was even funnier, as I get off point a bit, is that "suck up" Joe's wife, Cathy, did everything she could do to get her pudgy lil self to dress, look, walk, and talk like my cousin Joe's wife, Clementine. It was sooooo gay. ((vomits))

I'm usually a pretty easy going person .. but nothing p*sses me off more than sombody saying somthing is gay as an insult. Unless of course you meant that it was really fashionable and fabulous with alot and class not to mention being able to dance really well. Find another word to desribe things you don't like, because us gays are getting sick of having bad things compared to us.

monk3y

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

OK, calm down, I am gay, and my brother is gay . . . so I think I am one who can determine for myself what is and what isn't gay. No offense babydoll.

H

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, Hunyadi! Welcome to JWD! I see you've seen the movie, "Transylvania 6-5000"...heheh

Ours was a pretty tame congregation, seein' as how this is the Southern bible belt....but there was one elder who had to step down because his unmarried teenaged daughter got preggers...kinda sad. He was a nice guy....oh....and another elder in another congregation had a knock-down-drag-out with his fam and son-in-law-to-be in their front yard one night...police attendant and everything....other than that the biggest scandals occurred when someone partook of the emblems for the first time.

Cheers!

Frannie B

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    there was one elder who had to step down because his unmarried teenaged daughter got preggers

You mean....there are elders out there who actually face the music when this happens?

Most of the one's I'm acquainted with promptly kicked their daughters to the curb before the test results dried out to protect their position in the congregation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    You mean....there are elders out there who actually face the music when this happens?

Most of the one's I'm acquainted with promptly kicked their daughters to the curb before the test results dried out to protect their position in the congregation.

LOL, 95stormfront! Yep....he's one of those hard-to-find nice guys you rarely see...but I know what you mean.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit