The Biggest Scandal In Your Congregation

by Hunyadi 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We had one lady in our congregation who I still think is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's what I consider one of the few good ones. When I attended a JW funeral, we had a conversation about my long hair! She was always giving my family food. Many years ago, she had inherited a large sum of money, and she was budgeting herself to be able to live off this money for the rest of her life. She did volunteer work to get free food and clothing, and she absolutely loved it.

Anyway, we had a Ministerial servant who was in his 60s and unmarried. He came to this lady with a "buisness proposal". He told her that a friend of his overseas was starting a new business and needed some money to start it up (sound familiar?). So, the MS approached the lady for the money, and she was very reluctant to give it to him. However, he kept pestering her to loan him the money, and he promised her that she'd get twice as much back.

Apparently, the business didn't work out and the lady lost all her money. She now has to work for a living. She complained to the elders, and the MS had his position taken away. Pretty harsh disipline for someone who ruined the woman's life, huh?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The biggest scandal, if only for a month or so, is going to be when out of the clear blue sky I stop all JW activities. Right now I get along with everyone and go through the motions just fine, as if nothing adverse was going through my mind.

Little do they know if just to get along with my parents (fanatic JWs themselves), and husband.

DY

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

*coughs* OK well I don't get why you would describe somthing as gay and mean it to be a bad thing ... hmmm do we have some issues ?

I don't mean to hi-jack your topic and I'm not trying to pick a fight ... but I mean think about what your saying .. ugh ... it's so hetro-sexual MTV boi trash.

monk3y

• amac
    amac

m0nk3y, quite being so gay....

Sorry, I couldn't resist that! I've grown up using that term and never thought of it as offensive. But once I saw a gay man with a T-shirt that said "I'm too cute to be straight." And I thought it very offensive, as it inferred that straight guys aren't cute! (OK I'm not cute, but I don't need other people telling me that!) And now that you mentioned your offense at the word "gay" being used derrogatorily, and I can understand. Not sure what it has to do with MTV though...

Back on topic,
    Ironically, I came from a great cong with really good elders (for the most part.) The biggest scandal was 2 elders getting removed for being too merciful with the youths wrongdoing in the congregation. One of them was a father of the kids in trouble, but according to other friends of mine who had gotten in trouble, his mercy had nothing to do with them being his kids, he was just a nice, loving guy....so they removed him.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Here I go again, misreading title threads - I thought it said "The Biggest Sandal in your Congregation"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He always had scabs on his bald head because his parents would club him every now and then, thus causing bleeding. He would pick his scabs at the meetings... totally sick!

I can see the JC now.... Sister, would you please stop beating your boy, err, man so we don't have to watch him pick at his scabs?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Scandals? Well, we had a few. There was the pioneer sister who really did give credence to the theory of a missing link.....beetle brows, coke-bottle glasses, hairy back, plus the broken front teeth from a childhood mishap that looked like fangs....who married a brother who informed her that he was gay, that she repulsed him, and that their marriage was just for show. This self-same brother just loved to go camping with the young, teenage brothers at the Hall, until the young brothers began warning others that they really didn't want to go "camping" with Brother X because Brother X liked to "do" things while they were camping.

We had the regular fornication episodes, as do most congregations. However, we also had the MS, married to an elder's daughter who was arrested for and convicted of murdering an elderly woman when he attempted to rob her to get money to support his cocaine habit. Seems that instead of spending time on his construction jobs, he was spending most of his time in strip clubs getting high.

Then there was the sister who established a booming chiropractic practice made up mainly of JWs from the congregation. She encouraged the welfare mothers (there were many such mothers in our congregation) to bring their children in for adjustments any time they even had a sniffle....it was all "free" after all. She was eventually cited for welfare fraud.

She also discovered a technique for adjusting skull plates, which she called aligning the magnetics, and which were presumably a means of strengthening the person against demon attacks. Ended up on reproof for this one and was forbidden to align any more magnetics.

We also had our reigning pioneer sister who had just a tiny, little problem with alcohol and would repeatedly get arrested for drunk driving and hit and run accidents. The elders, of course, bailed her out of jail more than once and covered up for her. Some of the sisters were a bit uncomfortable around this pioneer, however, since she frequently, while drunk, engaged in some pretty lewd behavior with the unbelieving husbands of the sisters when at parties.

I'm sure that there's more, but these are the major ones.

• Belmont
    Belmont

Because of the pressure to count time and "bring someone in" there were always weirdos being dragged to the meetings who should have been left severely alone. One I remember lived in a caravan with religious slogans chalked all around the walls . This man was seriously disturbed and prone to violent outbursts, and insisted on having a knife on the table while he was having a study.. When he didn't answer the door for his study on one occasion, a neighbour said "you'll find him at the bottom of the garden in a hole. That's where he spends most of his time". When he finally was brought to the meeting, he became besotted with an elderly sister (he was about 35). When told she was too old to have children, he lost interest, and showed his favour to various other sisters by giving them cabbages from his garden. After a few weeks of cabbages gratefully received, one asked why they were so much better than shop vegetables. He said "I use my own water". I remember everyone desperately trying to "show love to a new sheep" instead of facing the fact that he was crazy and probably dangerous.

In that same kh there was a fist fight in the foyer between a widowed jw father and married son who both fancied the same woman. I could go on.....

• amac
    amac
    Because of the pressure to count time and "bring someone in" there were always weirdos being dragged to the meetings who should have been left severely alone.

LOL! That always cracked me up! We didn't have anyone that deranged, but I swear that every mentally handicapped adult that could at least walk seemed to go to our hall at one time or another.

In that same kh there was a fist fight in the foyer between a widowed jw father and married son who both fancied the same woman. I could go on.....

Who won?

• acsot
    acsot
    She also discovered a technique for adjusting skull plates, which she called aligning the magnetics, and which were presumably a means of strengthening the person against demon attacks. Ended up on reproof for this one and was forbidden to align any more magnetics.

Holy crap that's funny!! Congregations are definitely weirdo magnets!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit