Making 607 crumble

by ellderwho 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faraon
    Faraon

Scholar,

The "Society" must come clean. It preys on gullible people who have trusted it. The 1914 issue has become a moot point. If you are truly a researcher you would find out that 1914 was the date predicted to end the world. It was then changed to other dates. Thanks to their brainwashing people still do not see them as the false prophets they are, and you are helping them. The latest one published for years was "the generation of 1914". It did not come true. If it was truly Christian (I am an agnostic) they would have known that Jesus would come as a thief, and Jesus did not know the date" If they were truly honest, they would end their prayers: "In the name of Jehovah and the Watchtower" since they have supplanted Jesus.

The Watchtower has caused a lot of physical, mental, and economical damage. The breakdown of families and the individual are its fruits but the individual cannot see this because of their shunning policy and lies.

Their stand against vaccines, blood, and organ transplants comes to mind. Their being against psychiatry, and mistrust of "wordly people" did and does not help the individual, only their individual mind control by the ?Society? prevents them to see that there are more or at least as many good people in the world as they are.

See their past history in http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/ . Quotes about their scientific stands and constant changes in doctrine. Pretty poor for a supposed ?god inspired? religion.

Under Medical-Miscellaneous http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/medical-miscellaneous.htm you will find the following:

*** The Golden Age, Oct. 25, 1933, p. 57 *** [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

...Enfeebled constitutions, inherited from fashionable mothers, cannot stand up under tobacco...

also http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/vaccination.htm

*** The Golden Age, Jan. 16, 1924, p. 250 *** [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

It has never been proven that a single disease is due to germs.

Under Vaccination

*** The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 pp. 293, 294, 297 The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural) *** [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

...the vaccination law reduces the father and mother to mere slavery, almost as bad as the colored people were in, when their children were put up on the block and sold. In many slave-sale cases the mother and father were even forbidden to shed tears.

Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood.

[?]

Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox.

Research this site, and if after this you conclude that this is a god inspired religion, I will lose all respect for you.

I left a superior religion, Catholicism, because they changed a law allowing people to eat meat on most fridays. Had I had a computer and known about this site, I would've never joined the Borg.

• toreador
    toreador

I left a superior religion, Catholicism, because they changed a law allowing people to eat meat on most fridays. Had I had a computer and known about this site, I would've never joined the Borg.

I wished I had the internet a long time ago. It would have saved me a lot of grief.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

Imagine the headlines, "Boxer who was knocked unconscious wakes up and claims victory". This is a scenario similar to the attitude that you have adopted on this Board.

Scholar, this subject has been discussed ad naseum with your good self in the past, in long, long, threads on this Board. Each time you are backed into a corner you disappear only to re-appear a few weeks later bleating about the very same issues that confounded your earlier arguments.

If you do not mind me saying so, you are beginning to look rather stupid at this juncture.

Best regards - HS

• scholar
    scholar

City Fan

Aleady we have a BIG problem. Jehoiachin surrended to Nebuchadnezzar (in the month Adar-February/March) during Nebuchadnezzar's seventh regnal year ending in Nisan 617 BCE according to the Babylonian Chronicles. So from your previous post already we have a twenty year and we have only just started.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

Yes this subject comes up often and I find myself having highlight the many gross misconceptions and ignorance concerning chronology and the rather stupid claims against 607. It amuses me that as soon as this subject arises every and I give a simple defensive reply then everyone comes out of the woodwork. It seems to that opposers are fearful that WT chronology might be right after all as they refuse consider the basic aecular and scriptural facts of the matter. What these clowns do not realize is that 607 is a calcuable date that it follows both secular and biblical evidence, has a simple methodology and is based on a well established secular - biblical based date of 539 and follows a legitimate exegesis of a seventy years desolation from the decree of Cyrus in 537. This three staged computation then is well established. of course there are other methodologies favoured by the majority of scholars which yield a plethora of interpretations of the seventy years and have only served to promote endless confusion concerning late Judean history. Oftentimes scholars are confused over calendrical problems concerning the data and cannot agree with certainty about certain dates namely 586 or 587.

In short, scholars have dug a hole for themselves on their efforts to minimize by higher criticism the relevance of God's Word for Christians. They have turned biblical chronology into a bewildering array of assumptions incomprehensible to the layman and you expect me to say nothing. I will debate this subject ad nauseum.

scholar

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Scholar,

during Nebuchadnezzar's seventh regnal year ending in Nisan 617 BCE according to the Babylonian Chronicles

Well................. finish your king list

So his 43rd year would be what ? 582

Evilmerodach is............................582---?? 2 years

Neriglissar....................................580---576 4years

Labashi-Marduk............................576-----------9 months

Nabonidus....................................577---539 38 years ???

Can you help me Scholar???? According to the Babylonian Chronicles???

• toreador
    toreador

I would think if I was God and I wanted people to search out and find the truth and it all had to do with pinpointing the year 1914 and then 1919 as to when the FDS were appointed, I would not have made it necessary to use secular evidence at all. I would have it all written down in Gods inspired word the bible (if you believe the bible to be inspired). Does God expect us all to be archaelogists and experts in babylonian kings reigns. Oh, and we would all have to have the thinking capacity and rationality(or irrationality) of our much maligned Scholar. That would have to be a prerequisite for any to be approved of or by God.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Scholar. You said:

The controversy over the precise year namely 586 or 587 is an enduring and has nothinf to do with calendrical problems as you assert.

You then said:

Oftentimes scholars are confused over calendrical problems concerning the data and cannot agree with certainty about certain dates namely 586 or 587.

Please make up your mind! Calendrical problems or not?

Once again, after four pages of posts on this thread, can you provide one piece of the abundant secular evidence for 607????

CF.

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Well you are in the poo and I am sorry I cannot help you. If you were smart you would have stuck to WT chronology and saved yourself a lot of grief. Those Babylonian lists are a cause for real concern but one has to use all resources available and develop a methodology that is consistent with the Bible as a priority and not the reverse.

scholar

• City Fan
    City Fan

Any chance of any of the abundant secular evidence for 607????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit