Making 607 crumble

by ellderwho 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• City Fan
    City Fan

Scholar,

Can you name ONE piece of secular evidence to support 607.

CF.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Scholar,

How did I know your responses would hi-jack this thread? You command all the attention for yourself

Most of what you bring is oldhat that Alleymom refuted on every point.

I'll treat you like my study; 4 part question: 1.In what year of Nebuchadnezzars rule did he destroy the temple?

2.And what year did this occur?

3. When did his rule begin?

4. Please post your Neo-Babylonian Kings list with years of rule up to Cyrus of 539.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Scholar = JCanon?

I think that they are the same.

Type

607 Jerusalem destruction

or

587 Jerusalem destruction

in any search engine. You will see that 607 will mostly deal with Jehovah's Witnesses.

• toreador
    toreador

Sounds like good questions to me Elderwho.

• scholar
    scholar

City Fan

You ask for ONE piece of secular evidence to support 607. No problem. The calculation begins with the pivotal date of 539 which is accepted by scholarship to mark the conquest of Babylon. proof of this is established by the Nabonidus Chronicle now located in the British Museum.This clay tablet is a well dated record of the Fall of Babylon which yields the date as October 5 Gregorian or October 11, Julian.

Now, your turn. Have you read Furuli's book which reviewall the so called secular evidence?

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

elderwho

Are you serious? The answers to your first three questions are easy and set forth in the AID book article on chronology but a list for the Babylonian dynasty is problematic. However, I can oblige but would you in turn oblige me by posting a king-list for the Divided Monarchy for Judah and Israel. If you will agree to this then I will answer your four questions and I expect you to reply in kind.

scholar

• City Fan
    City Fan

Scholar

I'm still waiting, can you provide just one piece of secular evidence for 607.

CF.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Even if it were 607, it wouldn't change a thing.

Daniel's tree dream applied to Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel said so. If it applied to Zedekiah, the dream/prophecy would have been given BEFORE Zedekiah was removed. How many Bible prophecies does anyone know about where the prediction was given in the middle of its fulfillment?

Jesus used the future tense when he said Jerusalem would be trampled on. He didn't say "would continue to be trampled." That fits perfectly with what happened from 70AD until now.

With regard to Bible chronology, the 1914 date is irrelevant anyways.

• scholar
    scholar

City Fan

I have answered your question. Perhaps you can return the favor and you give ONE piece of secular evidence in support of 586 or 587, whichever one you accept for the Fall of Jerusalem.

scholar

• City Fan
    City Fan

Scholar, your answer was:

You ask for ONE piece of secular evidence to support 607. No problem. The calculation begins with the pivotal date of 539 which is accepted by scholarship to mark the conquest of Babylon. proof of this is established by the Nabonidus Chronicle now located in the British Museum.This clay tablet is a well dated record of the Fall of Babylon which yields the date as October 5 Gregorian or October 11, Julian.

You've given me one piece of SECULAR evidence for 539, the Nabonidus Chronicle.

I asked for one piece of secular evidence for 607.

You would also need other secular sources to get the 539BC date for the fall of Babylon e.g. Diodorus giving Cyrus' last year as Olympiad 62.1 or astronomical text Strm. Kambys. 400.

Once again please name one piece of secular evidence to support 607.

CF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit