Society to become only ISP for Witnesses?

by dannyboy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I wouldn't doubt that the WTS would like to take full control, but as long as JWs have to work for non-JW businesses and companies, this would not be practical. Can't have people quitting their jobs because then the revenue to the WTS would slow down to a trickle. I always wondered why JW sites like PLN could continue to operate with all that the WTS has said against such things.

Blondie

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well Dannyboy you really got me going there, really a 1984 nightmare!!!!

Lapuce

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This is hilarious!!

hovah.net domain, which is still available....>

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Got a huge kick out of this, altho for about 3 seconds I was like??????? then, I "got" it! I forwarded it to a disfellowshipped coworker for a laugh too! Thanks!

Terri

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    Q: What about Email?

A: Upon completing a written application and oral testing before the elders, you will be issued a user name and password.

LMAO at "oral testing before the elders." IN THEIR DREAMS!!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Danny ........

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was great ... I think I will read it again.

***** Rub a Dub

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Sounds if it could be done by the Society.

if they ever get the idea to do something like this - it would me a nightmare for the (I think then) few remaining JW's
    Totally mindcontroled

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

The Scientologists do it and I am surprised that WTS hasn't offered a domain--with filtering software that blocks all non-approved sites (which is what the Scientologists do)--for those who want/need to use the internet, but are afraid of being seduced into apostasy.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Am always amazed at how many people don't "get" satire. This was brilliant, dannyboy.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    Kg: The Scientologists do it

No kidding? What do they charge for this?

If the Society REALLY enforced something like this satire, and if say there would be maybe 75,000 enrolled in the US (recognizing that not everyone has a computer, and possibly one account per *family*), and they each paid $20 monthly (yeah, I know that's a bit high for dialup (except if you're an AOL person)), that's a cool 1.5 million bucks A MONTH!! Even more, if more enrolled.......let's see: 1.5 times 12 equals 18 million bucks a year income!!!

Of course, they'd work a cut-rate deal for bandwith, to keep their expenses at minimum, but the potential money is incredible........They'd also need an "IT" servant in each congregation, too, wouldn't they? LOL.

----:)) Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit