Society to become only ISP for Witnesses?

by dannyboy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It just goes to show you how nuts the society is that we would sit around and question if it was a joke or not. I think the name gives it away I'm sure some dubbie would see it as a "blasphemous corruption of the divine name" or something..

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Is this an early April Fools?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I made a post a while back talking about how the Borg might become an organisation of techno-hermits, with the Society being an ISP and content provider.

It would allow total milleau control, and you could sell it to people with the right scriptures! The Boirg could contract out a vast unskilled workforce to any work that could be done at home or online, maybe even delivering calls over VoIP. Meeting and studying would be online, and subscribers activities could be monitored down to the mouse click.

This seems like a joke based on as similar idea. The hovah.net thing is a dead giveaway though.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Too bad you could not print in out and send it to the PO's of all the congs. in the US. You know some dopey Brothers would gladly read it to the flock! What a mess! I am sure the WTS would love to do this if they could! Maverick

• AJN
    AJN

OMGG - that's hillarious - had me fooled for a minute tho and yeah it does show how wierd the society are if ppl can sit and wonder if something like that is true. Sadly this may very well be prophetic and we don't even know it ;-)

• Sassy
    Sassy

lol.. definately a joke.. but as others have said, surely if they could do such a thing.. they would!!

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Good Grief, Slap me silly! I believed it- even ran in to tell ol' larc, who about chocked on his oj - put me in mind of the ban on smoking in the 60's - quit smoking within 6 months or be disfellowshipped!! Which, as we do know, they then readily carried out. I'm glad it IS a joke, but it definitely does show how the very fact that we could be taken in for even a minute, because it definitely does sound so borg-like...and to those that feel they would do something like this if they could, you are absolutely right!! I wouldn't be surprised at all if eventually something along these lines does happen. Their written words of warning appearing in the publications, haven't stemmed the congregation members from searching the net. When this continues to fail and they keep losing members, they will become even more desperate to exert control. Ok, taking deep breaths, trying to get my racing heart back to normal, LOL>

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Use to drive a Nova

Now I push a Rover

Logged on the net with Hovah!

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Wow... had me until the "changing doctrine" line... but my jaw was hanging open until then. Scary.

SLM

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    yeah it does show how wierd the society are if ppl can sit and wonder if something like that is true

Well, I didn't intend to FOOL anybody with this satire, really.....(I don't think anybody who reads the WHOLE thing will still think it's "real")

Just a bit of satire, folks.

:) Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit