Maui Was Wonderful

by Stacy Smith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Congrats, and all the best for the future, Stacey.

Life is for living...
    Enjoy!

Thank you. Life is for living and plans for life are shaping up wonderfully. I look forward to it each morning when I wake up.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((SS)))))

Hey cheeky little sister! I'm proud of you and happy for you. Nosf really doesn't mean harm, but he's not looking at the best way to handle this situation. We're all learning here, so be patient with him.

Personally, you are WAY more mature than I was at your age. If most kids are as secure and confident as you sound, this world would be doing great. Please give us details of when you're getting married, wedding plans, etc. Most of us could give you a wedding tip or two. Mozzer and I just got married last year, but the planning memories are still pretty fresh. I'm sure if you fish through some of my old posts, you'll find the pictures, which would have some of the details. (I'm bad at the search functions here...doesn't seem to work for me.)

Love ya,

Andi

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Congrats Stacy, glad you had such a wonderful time.

You made your time away sound so nice, it's giving me an itch to take the wifely unit on a hiatus from this white, wintery crap in WI to the sunny islands.

Man do we hate our pasty-white skin in the Winter

Best wishes for you & Michael's future together!

Paul

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Paul and Andi thank you very much. I too hate being pale and while I'm still tan it's fading fast. But I also gained two pounds over there and that isn't acceptable. I'm on it.

Andi our wedding is going to be so simple that it won't take much of any planning. We are going to return to exactly the same spot on the beach where Michael proposed and get it done right there. I am bringing my best friend and my parents and Michael is doing the same with his parents and best friend. That's it.

We have been offered a huge wedding at his parents expense or a down payment to be used towards a home. Easy choice. We're both greedy conservatives so it's a no brainer. Besides I think we should be more focused on the marriage instead of the wedding anyway.

I am leaning towards next summer. There are lots of reasons to be married then, none of which I care to discuss here since my most prodigious advisors would make too much of it.

Andi I'm going to do a search for your wedding photos. I have a feeling you were the most beautiful bride ever.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Andi our wedding is going to be so simple that it won't take much of any planning. We are going to return to exactly the same spot on the beach where Michael proposed and get it done right there. I am bringing my best friend and my parents and Michael is doing the same with his parents and best friend. That's it.

We have been offered a huge wedding at his parents expense or a down payment to be used towards a home. Easy choice. We're both greedy conservatives so it's a no brainer. Besides I think we should be more focused on the marriage instead of the wedding anyway.

I am leaning towards next summer. There are lots of reasons to be married then, none of which I care to discuss here since my most prodigious advisors would make too much of it.

You're smarter than I gave you credit for! You are one smart chicky! If Neil and I had followed our hearts (too much pressure from his folks - they paid for the wedding and let us make all the decisions, if we just HAD one) we would have married on a beach somewhere's. We're warm-weather folk and that would be so "us". But even so, our simple and very personal wedding was still beautiful and exactly fit our personalities from the music to ceremony. So we have no regrets. Now...should the option of a down payment have been offered, you betcher little buns that we'd have taken up that offer instead of having a wedding! You're doing great sweety! You've got a good head on your shoulders. We trust you make good decisions for your life. Still keep us posted on details. A photographer at the event will be a must! Andi PS: Regarding the naysayers...you have the ability and right to change your mind even from your past posts. You're a woman.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Congratulations Stacy, & best wishes!

As I recall, you did not ASK for unsolicited advice, you made a joyous announcement!

You deserve every happiness in the world, & you are entering into life with your eyes open & a good idea of how to get that happiness!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Congratulations Stacy, I've just got married in a pub on the next beach along from the one where I proposed just over a year ago. Believe me, being married to the one person in the world that makes you feel alive is the best feeling in the world and waking up next to them every day just seeing the sun hit their face cannot be described.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be very happy.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Satans it sounds like you're my kind of guy. It just seems really romantic to get married where you proposed. Congratulations to you on your wedding.

We've firmed up dates, made the necessary reservations and even have a local preacher set up. Nothing to do expect watch the calender.

I'm not so sure I deserve happiness but I'm getting it in spades.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Gosh stacy I thought I wished you well and Congreats and all that stuff but don't see my post so in case I want you to know I think it is great Sheila

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit