Maui Was Wonderful

by Stacy Smith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Jim the rain was waiting for us instead of fog but we'll get our fog back. Did you know the rain is 25 degrees warmer on Maui?

Azzy you seem to think that my life will be ruined if I marry before 25. I certainly am not going to wait another 4 years. I certainly will not fail to graduate just because I marry. I can assure you that living with a man that loves me will be more condusive to study than living with 6 young girls that want to party every night. Either way I will graduate with honors. That is a given.

Anyway I'm really not seeking advice here any longer. I've gotten all the advice I need from people who love me and know me well. In fact I don't believe I asked for any advice on this thead. I was curious a few weeks ago about how people felt but I can't say I gave a lot of weight to opinions shared here. After all the only thing you all can offer is your personal experiences but as far as giving me advice you really don't know me or Michael or our situation. You personal experiences are interesting and I have read them all, but, they are yours.

Life experiences help to change goals and shape objectives.

Nosf I know you like to debate but my life isn't up to debate. Not with me anyway. You list concerns and they are good ones to consider. But most of your concerns don't even approach the concerns I have. Again I am myself and similar to many but not most.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Azzy you seem to think that my life will be ruined if I marry before 25.

Not ruined but perhaps compromised. I hope that won't happen. I think you're a smart, resourceful person Stacy and I hope you don't let that go. You crack me up and I like you. Like I said before:

Best of luck to you!

~Aztec

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Jim the rain was waiting for us instead of fog but we'll get our fog back. Did you know the rain is 25 degrees warmer on Maui?

Oh, I'm sure it is warmer! Kinda like those fluffy tropical rainshowers I used to experience when I lived in the Virgin Islands. Those are the kind of showers you don't mind standing in.

Northern California rain? Best to stay indoors and cuddle with your special someone. I'm happy for ya!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Oh I agree that my life will be compromised but wouldn't that happen even if I waited years anyway? It's a part of marriage, compromise. I don't think a husband will compromise my life nearly as much as a child. I'll never have a child.

I don't have all the answers, who does. But I love Michael and we are a great match. I'm not sure anyone remembers but I once got upset with a low grade in physics this past semester. I was ready to blow my good grades off. C's get degrees, right? Guess who pushed me hardest to get my grades up? It wasn't me. I was at a point in time where I needed at outside push, the first time in my life.

Both of us are very career oriented. He doesn't want the corporate wife although if I were one it would probably help his career. Instead he wants me to feel complete. Now if he changes his feelings about that he won't appreciate my reaction much because it won't happen.

In fact if I wanted to be a trophy wife I'd latch onto one of those horny 40 somethings around silicon valley with a huge income and only one exwife. 20 somethings are in great demand with that crowd.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Northern California rain? Best to stay indoors and cuddle with your special someone. I'm happy for ya!

Jim you know that. Michael just got over here. He peeked in on me and is laughing it up with my parents now. We are both exhausted. He helped his parents unpack their junk today and worked around their place. I did the same with my parents. I'd say we are working on 3 hours sleep in the last 40 hours. So I'm probably cranky now.

I suspect we'll be asleep before Friends is over tonight. But he's a great cuddler.

God I'm worn out. Good night, I'll check back in with my advisors in the morning

• Seven
    Seven

Congratulations Stacy & Michael. Best wishes and be happy. Cheers

• tink
    tink

yay!! i'm so glad you made it back safe and sound. i for one missed you lots!! ps how's the new bike?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I can assure you that living with a man that loves me will be more condusive to study than living with 6 young girls that want to party every night.

...so is living by yourself.

Anyway I'm really not seeking advice here any longer.

That's cool. I'll continue giving it ;)

In fact I don't believe I asked for any advice on this thead.

No you didn't. But you are recieving advice from people who do care.

After all the only thing you all can offer is your personal experiences

...and lessons learned from those experiences.

but as far as giving me advice you really don't know me or Michael or our situation.

But we've all been through relationships. You haven't.

Life experiences help to change goals and shape objectives.

I can't argue with that. However, "love" seems to do the same thing.

Nosf I know you like to debate but my life isn't up to debate.

You should be the one who is debating with yourself. I'm just encouraging you to think.

Oh I agree that my life will be compromised but wouldn't that happen even if I waited years anyway?

Yes and no. Yes, your life will be comprimised in your financial decisions and living situation. It shouldn't be comprimised when it comes to your dreams and goals.

In fact if I wanted to be a trophy wife I'd latch onto one of those horny 40 somethings around silicon valley with a huge income and only one exwife.

Women don't choose to be trophy wives. Men choose trophy wives.

All I can hope is that you learn from your experiences.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Congratulations Stacy and Michael !!!

I know of several couples who married young and they are still together and happy- either nearing 40 or nearing 50 and some nearing 70 years old !!

Be happy and enjoy Stacy !!!

XW

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Thanks to those that wished me well. Don't worry, Nosf's not changing anything. Well he is getting better at conducting a one way debate.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night before Friends was half over and woke up there just a little while ago. So I still slept about 10 hours which is huge for me. The sun is trying to peek out right now and I am going to ride my new Christmas bicycle which Michael gave me.

A fun day ahead, it's better be nice weather soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit