Maui Was Wonderful

by Stacy Smith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Congratulations!!!!! You can pm me with the fun and romantic details too. Stace, I am so happy for you, I wish you success in all your future plans. And you know, its not very hard to be married and go to school, as long as you don't have kids, which you aren't planning on anyway. Being married means that you don't have commute to date.......cheaper than two apartments!

• logansrun
    logansrun

Good luck!

Bradley

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Congratulations on your Engagement!!!

I feel very happy for you and wish you continued happiness!!! You deserve it, Stacy!!!

ESTEE

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Thank you again. We got some pics back from the photomat. God I look like I belong on Maui. Already the stress of mainland real life is creeping back into my life.

OK, looking at maui websites next.......

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

all i can say is good luck and perhaps you want to bookmark this thread so you can look back in a few years and see if you still feel the same way. it always used to annoy me when my mother would tell me that i acted like i knew everything and had it all figured out. i thought i did, then i grew up and found out that i knew jack shit. there is no doubt that compromise is part of any relationship. it seems, however, that the older you get, the more your boundaries of compromise are defined. you find out more about yourself, what you want, what you don't want, what you can put up with, etc. i guess i don't see what the hurry is to get married. you've already said you don't want to have children, so what's the rush? another question..........do you/have you live(d) on your own? that's one thing my brother says he has always admired about my sister and me. we've proven ourselves that we can truly make it without the help of any man in our life. his wife never did. it annoys the shit out of him to this day. also some have brought up about some couples getting married very young and they've been together 20, 30, 40+ years. again, times were alot different back then. look at how much has changed in the world. 25 or 30 years ago, most women didn't have much of a choice other than to get married and have babies. that's not even coming from me--that's a little piece of advice i got from my folks (who fall into the previous category) when i was considering marriage a couple of years ago. yes, marriage can be great, but why rush into a huge commitment early on in life. get out, live life. you're only young once, might as well make the most of it................best of luck.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Eyegirl I also appreciate your concerns. The thing is if my mother listed any of these concerns I would be very concerned. She knows me better than anyone here does. If anyone I know listed them I'd be concerned.

Just to set one thing straight. I am not going to depend on my husband for money. In less than 18 months my income will be higher than my father ever earned in his life, and he makes very good money in construction. I have lived on my own and I don't like it even a little bit. I enjoy having someone around, even my partying roomies. But I know how to exist and support myself without a man.

Bookmarking this thread to reread in four years won't do anything. I won't be anywhere near this site long before then. Life moves along and so will I.

Why do I bother with this crap? All I wanted to do was post some happy news. Instead I get this stuff. Well some of you have screwed up your lives and fully know exactly what you did to do that. Congratulations. Some of you have screwed it up repeatedly. Congratulations on that. It still doesn't make you an expert.

OK, enough

• obiwan
    obiwan
    Why do I bother with this crap? All I wanted to do was post some happy news. Instead I get this stuff. Well some of you have screwed up your lives and fully know exactly what you did to do that. Congratulations. Some of you have screwed it up repeatedly. Congratulations on that. It still doesn't make you an expert.

AHMEN!!!

Congrats to you and yours !!!!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

AHMEN!!!

Thanks obi, I think I'm grumpy this afternoon.

• obiwan
    obiwan

AHMEN!!!

Thanks obi, I think I'm grumpy this afternoon.

Nah, just defending your turf...completely understandable.

• avishai
    avishai
    I'm cheap!!

Avishai--SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Only 4 you, JoJo, only for you. OK, let's all give Stacy a break. Having been a wedding minister for a long time now, I've figured out that no one can figure out how a marriage will work out. Some that I was so sure would work, failed after just a few months. Some that I was sure would'nt, are still together, send me a card on their anniversary, or christmas, with their kids, etc. That's why I don't insist on pre-marital counseling, etc., It's just to hard to figure out. In conclusion, let's all wish Stacy well. She's not a naive 20 year old Jw getting married, like many of us, she's a well adjusted, mature 20. Congrats, hun, & when I said I was cheap as a minister, in your case, I meant free. I'm serious, if your interested, pm me. I've been doing it for ten years now. Sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit