Maui Was Wonderful

by Stacy Smith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Xena: feel free to place the kiss any place you'd like. Hey just because I'm engaged does it mean I'm not to be flirted with?????

Yes Michael proposed to me the day after we got to Maui. He had arranged some special visuals that impressed me. He did his homework and worked in advance to arrange things. Then we drove out to a secluded waterfall and celebrated.

I have no idea if we could live on Maui. Well we believe we could but Michael has just started his job after finishing school and I have over a year to go. So of course life is up in the air still. I would certainly do tons of research including making every effort to keep my tan.

We have discussed getting married next summer between my junior and senior year. There is some good logic to this. I am used to making a stance and keeping my promises to myself but... life is changing. I believe I could keep up my grade point average while married and perhaps it would also make it easier to even continue my education after graduation if needed or wanted.

Thanks for your well wishes.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sounds wonderful Congrats Stacy...God I hope he is a Republican or it could be bad Karma

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ShielaM took the words right out of my mouth -- God I hope he is a REPUBLICAN

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hello Stacy. Sounds like you had a great time in Maui!

We have discussed getting married next summer between my junior and senior year.
    I believe I could keep up my grade point average while married and perhaps it would also make it easier to even continue my education after graduation if needed or wanted.

Wow! Is this the same Stacy Smith I know? Are you actually comprimising to make him happy? Please don't take this as a knock at your engagement, but I went back and re-read the following thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/62764/1.ashx

Here's some of the main points I found:

I don't expect flames Tex, just wanted everyone to know I don't mind brutal honesty. It's ok

So you don't mind my honesty. That's good, let's continue..

The engagement would have to last at least a year and a half, at least.
    Under no circumstance would I stop my education. I also would not marry until I graduate, that's a given, we've discussed that and he has agreed.

You guys know he won't end up with someone meek.

appreciate all the advice, all of it is good. I don't rush into thing and I can't imagine rushing into marriage.

I will finish school before marriage. There is no doubt about that.

I'm just thinking right now, thinking too much with finals coming next week.

I'm just afraid to mess things up. My grades are great and I hate to mess with that. Besides a longer engagement would help me discover reasons why I shouldn't marry.

These are very bold statements, Stacy. Now you're willing to make exceptions?

I am used to making a stance and keeping my promises to myself but... life is changing.

The only thing that changes in life is Society. Your life doesn't have to change if you don't want it to. You've indicated MANY good reasons to wait until after graduation to get married. You've also indicated some negatives to getting married while you're in school.

This is basically what I'm saying: You're making sacrifices, not only in your beliefs and morals, but also in your success to please this guy. In my opinion, this is the major reason for one mate being unhappy in a relationship. Sacrificing your personal happiness and success to make the other happy is NOT the key to a satisfying relationship. Hold onto the goals that you had before you entered into the engagement. There is no deadline on the marriage, but there is for your schooling.

Keep in mind that if the guy respects you, he'll have no problem waiting for you to finish school before planning a wedding. I'm going through wedding planning right now, and it's a hell of a lot of work.

All in all, I hope that you learn an incredible amount through your engagement. Good luck!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Congrats Stacy !!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Stacy, im confused. It hought u were on the other "team" as seinfeld would say.

• avishai
    avishai

Wed., I gather she "switch hit's" from her other posts

Congrat's stacy, I'm a wedding minister here in CA, drop me a line if you need my services, I'm cheap!!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Congratulations, Stacey! I wish you great happiness!

growedup

P.S. Welcome back - we missed you while you were gone!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Stacy, im confused. It hought u were on the other "team" as seinfeld would say.

Naw, I've always been sexually confused

These are very bold statements, Stacy. Now you're willing to make exceptions?

Exceptions can also be called compromises right? I don't think compromising is a bad thing as long as I don't compromise everything. Michael is very willing to wait until we grow old if that's what I want. There are many reasons to be married before I graduate. I believe my studies would not suffer if we married before graduation. Right now it's totally up to me. We aren't having a huge wedding so we don't need to have a year to plan it. All we need is reservations on Maui so it would either be next summer or the following. I'm thinking it over for awhile.

But speaking of compromises I still have no plans to learn to cook. So life will continue as it has. Should we ever make the bigtime we will have the smallest kitchen on the block. Well we will anyway.

Yes he is a republican and his parents are also. We are the perfect self centered us first couple with no plans to breed.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Stacy, I am so glad you had a wonderful time in Maui. I do hope one day to get to at least one of the Hawaiian islands. I've been saving it to go with someone special (had invites with girlfriends that I didn't go on)....

When I first read about your little note about being engaged all I could think was.. DETAILS?? WE NEED DETAILS!!!

You gave us a few more.. but the romantics in us would love to hear more...

but even without.. all the congrats and happiness that can come your way are sent!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit