Maui Was Wonderful

by Stacy Smith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Why do I bother with this crap? All I wanted to do was post some happy news. Instead I get this stuff. Well some of you have screwed up your lives and fully know exactly what you did to do that. Congratulations. Some of you have screwed it up repeatedly. Congratulations on that. It still doesn't make you an expert.

I'm with you on this Stacy. All these experts- some-yes just some have such a handle on their own lives and they are so mature we could take lessons using their recent choices about their own lives. Some have no business offering advice on the subject of anything having to do with maturity. Some of the posts in this thread made me ill. I'm sorry there was a wet blanket thrown on your sharing of this great news.

You know yourself and your own life and you know what will make you happy and are mature enough to make decisions about your life.

And keep sharing your happiness. There are some of us here who really enjoy reading it and are very happy for you !!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

avishai thanks for your generous offer but I think flying you to Maui might push the budget We will be married at the exact location that I accepted Michaels proposal. It's a lovely beach and I am sure it still will be when we tie the knot.

I have received more positive than negative here. It's been rainy and gray since I got home and I really am grumpy. But I did get a great foot massage not too long ago.

XW I also appreciate your positive comments. Don't worry I normally take very little posted on the internet seriously. This isn't a dig on just this forum but on forums in general. People dish out unwanted and un-asked for advise easily don't they? Nothing here hurt me, it just got under my skin.

I am heading for San Jose in the morning where I will spend my last two nights before returning to school having great engaged sex. That's almost like having sex without sinning. Imagine that. Before too long I'll be having legal non sinning sex even. Well except for some disgusting sexual things we'll manage to sneak in when god isn't watching.

As a side note I've known Michael for over two years even though we've only dated a few months. If we had not hooked up I'm certain I would not have married until I reached an age and gained the proper status where almost everyone here would have approved. As it is that didn't happen. Most people I know who know us feel that waiting years longer wouldn't change anything for the positive, my parents and his parents included.

So I'm not justifying a thing. I just wanted to make a couple of statements. I'll do what I'll do. I consider myself very fortunate to be marrying this man. I also consider him very fortunate to be marrying me. I think we are both great catches.

Have fun kids

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Don't worry, Nosf's not changing anything. Well he is getting better at conducting a one way debate.

LOL! What I find amusing about this comment is all I've really done is compared what you wrote before your went to Maui, and what you wrote after you came back. I'm not trying to change anything, I'm trying to get you to reason with yourself and realize how quickly you've changed your mind about everything you stood up for.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I'm not trying to change anything, I'm trying to get you to reason with yourself

No I disagree, you're trying to be an ass. This thread wasn't designed to be a debate about my life, you've turned it into that.

You have to try to understand something Nosf, online people's opinions mean little. This was intended to share some joy and you want to point out faults. Congratulations, you've qualified to appear an ass.

• Xena
    Xena

When someone asks your opinion prior to getting engaged it's cool to tell them what you think......when they announce their engagement...keep your opinions to yourself and say "Congradulations and Best Wishes".

It's not that hard, really!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Exactly Xena but some people don't have social graces.

There is a lot more I'd love to share about what happened and what is going on but I know I'd be ripped to shreds on this forum so why bother posting anything about it.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    You have to try to understand something Nosf, online people's opinions mean little.

They may mean very little to you. Online opinions may come to you as just typing on a screen, but the people typing them are very real. I used to post on another forum where my opinions have actually helped people improve their lives and made them quite successful in their everyday interactions with other people.

you're trying to be an ass. This thread wasn't designed to be a debate about my life, you've turned it into that.

This was not at all my intention. I don't go about living just to make myself appear as an arrogant asshole. I enjoy helping people immensely, and if my "help" has come across as offensive and a personal attack on you, I'm not the one responsible for your reaction. I believe I've made myself quite clear that I don't hate you, but I couldn't bring myself to just say "Congradulations" and leave it at that. I've already wished you all the best. All I really wanted to do is warn you of the possible consequences of your actions.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Congrats Stacy and best wishes.

LC

• lastcall
    lastcall

Congrats Stacy and best wishes.

LC

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Congrats, and all the best for the future, Stacey.

Life is for living...
    Enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit