Anyone watching Star Trek Discovery?

by Coded Logic 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• finallysomepride
  • AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@finallysomepride

Take offense at a fellow Star Trek fan? NEVER! That's the great thing about sci-fi fans: such broad tastes.

As for the swearing, I was referring to Star Trek itself. Although I'm not a fan of the "f" word in entertainment, I appreciate that it adds realism in places. I just didn't expect it in Star Trek.

Are you a Father Ted fan by the way? ("Feck, arse, girls, drink"!) That's Father Dougal in my Avatar. Rather apt really as most JWs are very confused about life in general AND their own beliefs! ha ha

I thought the sets on STC were very true to the original and it was a nice touch for them to film in 4:3 format like the original. If CBS got on board I'm sure it would be an amazing mainstream production.

Thanks for the feedback mate. LLAP

PS:

Stop looking for them, then you might enjoy it, look forward, honor the past

OK. I'll give it another go!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I've seen every episode of every series of Star Trek...including the semi-canonical animated series.

I absolutely LOVE Discovery. In fact, I think I like it better than TNG, which was always my favorite.

Of course, I'm not crazy of how they changed the Klingons. And I'm not too sure about the "spore drive" thing. But other than, fantastic.

I love how this is a continuous story, not a bunch of standalone episodes that one could pick up at any point.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I binged it because I like Sci-fi. It doesn't fit into the Star Trek storyline at all with it's more advanced technology. "Enterprise" never really fit in well either.

So if I watch it as a separate television adventure, it's okay. But even then, it seems that there is little planning in any schemes, but rather who gets the drop on the other. People escape capture easily and it has standard "bad guys are bad shots" rules. And these Klingons are constantly losing fights they should be winning.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I like Discover but it seems like they jump all over the place.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

"Jump all over the place" . . . hahahahahahahahahaha!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Swearing. Really? In a Star Trek Series? And the "F bomb" at that!
    What a shame - that's going to rule out a whole bunch of kids for whom it would have become " their" star trek.

Most of us first developed our love of the show as kids. Didn't know it had began! I'm going to check it out on Netflix and get back to you!!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I like star trek discovery and I like Orville and I think I like them all. I've found something in every permutation that appeals to me.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I must be getting old. As time passes I seem to like only the original more and more.

Same with Star Wars. I've come to the conclusion that Rogue One, A New Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back are all that are worth watching.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I'm waiting for all the shows to end and then ill binge watch with the free trial week. When it comes to star trek it has to be true to its canon but original and innovative too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit