Anyone watching Star Trek Discovery?

by Coded Logic 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

As I said before prefer any of the others over this new one.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's a new show that I've only seen two episodes but it's real unusual called counterpart. I'm hoping it will go to a place where no one has gone before.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've been meaning to check it out, only because Sasha from Walking Dead is in it.

I've never been a big Trekkie, though I did love TNG. I watched it religiously back in the 90's.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I've been meaning to check it out, only because Sasha from Walking Dead is in it.

Me too! I was miserable when Sasha died !

I was also never a totally mad Trekkie ... I really liked Jean luc piccards lot, mainly because of councillor Troy ( my girl crush).

So far I'm really enjoying it!! I've noticed, too, it's appealing to my nature loving kids with all the different species on it ( that F@cking cool tardi-grade...yes, I can't believe they used the F bomb to describe it!)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It always makes me laugh, though, whichever Star trek you watch, they always happen to love culture from the 20th century. Books, music ...heck they even had the bloody bee-gees mixed with drum and bass this time! Somehow I can't see the popularity of either 'disco era bee gees or drum and bass making it 3 centuries into the future!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have seen one or two episodes will have to watch a few more to see how it goes from there.

Hey Dio.. if I was around 3 centuries from now I`d be still singing and dancing to the bee Gees

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hey Dio.. if I was around 3 centuries from now I`d be still singing and dancing to the bee gees

So would I ! I'm just not sure people of. that time would! Although, considering they've written more no 1s than, I think, anyone else they might still remember a few of their songs, just not sure about Disco....anyway definitely not drum and bass!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I haven't watched it yet, but may give CBS all access a try. We have been doing more streaming of late, hardly watch network TV much anymore. I've been a Trekkie from the get go, I remember watching the debut episode of the original and being immediately hooked.

Did anyone see the season four, first episode of Black Mirror (Callister) ? It had a very funny plot where a game developer created his private game version of a star trek like universe, where he gets to be the captain and relive all his favorite episodes. Unlike most Black Mirror stories it had a happy ending, along with some very Star Trek like plot lines and cheesy special effects like the original.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@Nancy Drew

I’ve watched 2 episodes of Counterpart now and it looks promising.

@Lisa Rose

Yes, I know the one you mean and I loved it.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Im watching it. I didn't get the whole subplot with the geeky guy from the prison who had but-sex with the Klingon lady and then turned out to be Klingon himself??? like when did they make him into a human? That seems pretty silly. Also I don't get which Klingon he was supposed to be.

I am near the end of season 2, and it seems to get a bit SJW preachy with all the "all choices are the same" crap. If it was me, I would be all like: Lets just turn Tarran and barbecue the annoying tall alien!

It would be a pretty cool season 3 where they travel the galaxy and eat all the aliens lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit