Anyone watching Star Trek Discovery?

by Coded Logic 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Prefer any of the others over this one.

• Simon
    Simon

I found it a disappointment.

Which characters am I meant to care about? They all seem 2 dimensional.

The plot lines are just the same old "oh noes, Klingons!" and then they have technology way more advanced than anything ever that is then strangely never mentioned or referred to in the future, like "hey, is there any way we can re-create that 'jump anywhere' drive that old ship had 'cause it seems like it would be handy?"

StarTrek TNG and Voyager are still the best IMO.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I haven't watched it yet, but we do love TNG and Voyager. So it will have to be special to top those...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh ok I'm not allowed an opinion apparently. Even when asked to share it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It seems we have broached denominational differences... ;)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah londo, tough crowd.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I am, its ok.
    Since Next Gen, really nothing has been great.

Voyager did have some of the best Star Trek episodes ever, but not consistently great.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@Sparrowdown

Of course you are. Why do you say that? Just because people like me don’t think much of it, doesn’t mean we can’t understand the people that do. Look at @finallysomepride ‘s comments to me. Each to his own.

@Nancy Drew

I love The Orville. Apart from the weird name for a ship (older folks from the UK will be thinking of a green duck who thinks he can’t fly, accompanied by a man called Keith Harris), I thought the stories just got better and better as they got the balance of humour and drama sorted. It has a Star Trek feel to it, even some of the background music in it.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Joe and Nancy my wife and I also like the Orville. The last episode of the season was very thought provoking about how religion is part of our evolution and in the future humans will evolve past it. ☺ Still Totally ADD

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

I stopped watching it.

The Klingons having endless conversations...about feelings?? And the way they talk also is ... so slow. It was boring. Too bad, I really like Star Trek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit