So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I'm not arguing the percentages that Mage gave in the beginning of his comment, but I can't help but think it's funny when he follows that with a statement like "women tend to quit the tech fields more often than men due to realizing that they are not really interested in CS and they just got into CS because CS jobs tend to pay higher; or they decided to stop working when they had kids and etc."

I'd like to read the scientific study that came up with those observations. It sounds more like someone's opinions, and kind of dismissive of women's motives for getting a job, and their commitment to a job. First of all, men don't get jobs they're not interested in, in order to get better pay? Also, we shouldn't hire women for CS jobs because they might want to have children in the future? These are the kind of generalizations that feed the whole SJW agenda.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Simon,

This was a good thread. I didn't catch it initially (17 pages!), but I have to admit, when I saw the news about the march, I asked the same question: "What in the world are they marching about!?" I asked my wife what she thought. She said, "I don't know - women's rights?" I asked, "What rights are women lacking?". She just nodded and laughed.

MMM

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why arent women in the west protesting against nations like Saudia Arabia,Somalia,Afghanistan,and many other parts of the world where females are victims of systematic brutal and unrelenting subjugation.?

Female genital mutilation is rife among Muslim nations and is practiced in wesern nations or the girls are sent back to their own land where the procedure is performed and they come back to the western nation they reside in.

Some girls subjected to this procedure are ony 5 months old.

Maybe these protesting women need to get their priorities right.

• bohm
    bohm

I have a question:

my wife bought stakes for dinner but i ate both for lunch.

she then got mad at me when she got home.

I reminded her that many women in saudi arabia have no stakes at all and she isnt protesting that

she accepted this logical argument and mentioned many men in the vatikan have no sex

Can someone explain why she think that is relevant?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

No steak for her no sex for you?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Feminism without intersectionality is white supremacy - that's hilarious!

I must remember this, so that I can use it sarcastically when discussing similar topics in future.

I guess that local women who work for women's rights in third world countries also don't bother including transgender women. Is this also an example of 'white supremacy'?!

Can someone explain why she think that is relevant? - I think you need to explain why your point is relevant.

We are discussing a women's march against Trump becoming president. Nobody has really stated clearly what the march is for, what it hopes to achieve. Nobody has clearly stated how Trump will remove or erode women's rights in America, AFAIK.

Bohm and his wife's eating and sleeping arrangements are matters of supreme indifference to me ...

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Simon since you are obviously not a woman - and have no historical perspective of protests in the USA, I have to come to the conclusion that you are an ass.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

My answer to the O.P " What is the woman's march for " is that it is for " Ego". It would only be right and proper that I am red flagged for my opinion with those who don't agree. But my answer to the O.P is " Ego"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The following link is to an article in the Indy about what these women who marched should do next. I read it eagerly, hoping that it would explain what the march was for.

As far as I can make out, the writer marched because she feels that Trump as president will do away with celebrating diversity in the US.

She then goes on to address the issue that this march wasn't intersectional enough - cis women should build bridges with trans women, Christian women mustn't forget their Muslim sisters, etc.

Certainly, racism and bigotry from the Right need to be fought and those morons who commit serious crimes should be dealt with. An eye should be kept on Trump to make sure he won't go soft on that.

But if most of the women agree with the reasons that the writer stated re what the march was for, then there are some strange conclusions to be made about Western feminism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-womens-march-feminism-what-to-do-next-a7542171.html

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

WOW I am floored by the comments.

I guess the Misogynistic views pounded into us by the WT for 100 years are hard to excise.

I guess JW made these type of comments in the 60's about Dr King.

FYI you don't need a REASON that fits your narrow worldview to march in America, you don't need to have all 3 million + people feel the same way about any issue, you don't need to "first fix all other inequities" before you can march without idiot men telling women they are stupid.

In fact - you don't need a REASON at all! This is America.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit