Proof of adultery to get scriptural freedom

by scrubmaster 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

I am in a situation where my ex-wife left me. I had survellaince done on her place by two members of my family. This was done over a several month time frame. The people watching the house for me notice a man would arrive at the townhouse on several days during the week early in the morning. On Thursday's he would arrive at about 5:00 am and use his own key to enter the townhouse of my ex-wife(by the way the townhouse also has an alarm system). This happened at least a few times. During those occasion my family members walked behind the house and to see if any lights every came on in the house. The house stayed completely dark until the man and my ex-wife came out and got in his car together. This is the kicker through some contacts I found out the man was married. I presented this information to the elders and they told me this was not enough information to free me, because the man has to stay over night for circumstianal proof of adultery. I could not believe it, I wrote to the society to see their standing on the matter and they came back with the same response and tried to use the scriptures at Romans 13:13 and 1 Thessalonians 5:7 to state that badness only happens at night. The funny thing is upon getting my hands on a copy of the flock book I found this to be the stance written in black and white. Does any one know where this idea came from? Also what has been done about it?

• sens
    sens
    I had survellaince done on her place by two members of my family.

Ive had this done to me by my insane Ex...

The elders said this wasnt enuff?....what did they want? pics? OMG!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Why are you concerned about what the elders think? Isn't this between you and your ex? Unless the elders said "I DO" it is none of their business.

Surveillance??? That's just creepy.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Scrub,

First, welcome to the board.

If memory serves, the relevant statement in the Flock book makes the point that evidence of adultery can be "strong circumstancial evidence, such as staying all night..." This allows for the "elders" to accept other "proofs", depending on circumstances, and does not automatically rule out the situation you mention, but most "elders" would take the safe approach here, waiting for more dramatic proof of adultery.

---Dan

• dannyboy
    dannyboy
    Elsewhere: Why are you concerned about what the elders think? Isn't this between you and your ex? Unless the elders said "I DO" it is none of their business.

I agree wholeheartedly.

---Dan

• blondie
    blondie

Yes the elders' rule is that they must stay there until 2 am for it to be overnight. 2 reliable JWs must be eyewitnesses. It could be your ex-wife knows the elders' rule too.

I take it you want to stay in the organization without being DF'd if you re-marry?

Then hire a PI. When he/she gets down to the brass tacks, that is, the PI confirms there is a regular pattern of this guy staying there until 2 am, go with the PI, and 2 JW friends to witness the deed. You could film it too; I've heard of JW spouses doing that.

Or ask yourself where the elders' holy spirit is; why isn't it revealing this to them?

Just kidding.

Blondie (about the holy spirit, the rest is for real)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG they DFed me wrongly. It happened during the day!!! What was I thinking?

• Sassy
    Sassy

it is stupid if they think sex can only happen over the night hours.. I can't tell you how many times I had proof of my first husbands adultry but they never accepted it. I even had a tape recording accidently taped by him on survelance with his lover that came into the office and the whole office staff where he worked heard it... him talking about being in her bed when her husband was home.. etc etc etc.. nope.. they wanted more..

It sure feel wonderful to be free of the RULES

• micheal
    micheal
    use the scriptures at Romans 13:13 and 1 Thessalonians 5:7 to state that badness only happens at night.

This is a classic example of how ridiculous this organization is. I mean this is on my top 10 list of most idiotic things I have ever heard!! Have they never heard of afternoon delight?

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Don't worry about it.....just move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit