Feb 15 Watchtower: Apostates - Guard Against Deception

by truthseeker 63 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Since this article is about to be studied soon at WT/ jw meetings, thought it would be ideal to bump it to top.

sKally

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I was shaking by the time I finished reading this article. Is it just me or are they getting ever more rabid in their teachings? I haven't been to a meeting in about a year now and one of the many reasons I stopped going was because I could feel this tension building in the Org with articles like this I could feel the hatred oozing out of that article. yuk....glad i'm not there taking up my sunday morning listening to that garbage. The old men in Brooklyn are getting crabbier by the minute

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This article reads just like the crazy strident stuff that came out in 1981, and later on -- was it 1986 or 1987? The article that showed a woman throwing away "apostate literature" just as the mail deliverer is walking away.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    it is obvious now that apostasy will soon supercede, if it has not already, the major reason for disfellowshipping.

I'm not so sure about that! Even "apostasy" would have a job keeping up with sex!! Nevertheless, I do see that the WTS/GB are very worried about the effects of so-called apostate thinking. We well know that study articles are produced in response to current concerns at Crooklyn, so this and many other articles and assembly talks that deal with it would only evidence a growing problem within the WTS.

Rather than going out and making disciples, many apostates seek to "draw away the disciples [that is, Christ's disciples] after themselves

Yes indeed, Waiting,! A more "blatant lie" could not be imagined!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit